cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

urgent_help_needed wrote:
I got the impression Equifax was the most pulled score by lenders.....is that true?

It really depends on where you live and which creditors are pulling your scores/reports. I live in Hawaii, aka EX land. Almost every Mainland creditor pulls EX in Hawaii, while some of our local banks and lenders might pull EQ. TU is rarely pulled here.

Some of the biggest EX pullers are Amex, Discover, BoA, FIA and Macy's. Again, it really depends on where you live, but I have noticed these companies do utilize EX a lot.

Message 71 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I got the impression Equifax was the most pulled score by lenders.....is that true?

It really depends on where you live and which creditors are pulling your scores/reports. I live in Hawaii, aka EX land. Almost every Mainland creditor pulls EX in Hawaii, while some of our local banks and lenders might pull EQ. TU is rarely pulled here.

Some of the biggest EX pullers are Amex, Discover, BoA, FIA and Macy's. Again, it really depends on where you live, but I have noticed these companies do utilize EX a lot.

I live in CA and I am forever en-death-ed to be pulled against EX since my TU and EQ almost never get pulled. Heck they don't even get the same reporting often times.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 72 of 681
Established Contributor

@Guardian wrote:

@CreditAble wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EXPERIAN READ THIS!!! 

Flat out .... I will ask creditors what credit bureau that they use for their decisions ... if they respond experian than I will tell them directly that I will not do business with you nor apply for credit with you because experian does not provide consumers with their Fico score. 

The buck always stops at the end consumer!!! If a lender or creditor get enough negative feedback about experian then they will relay that back to experian or use a different bureau.

How do you like my new Siggy  Smiley Happy

Your freeze is missing an E but I love it Smiley Happy

Sorry that was a FAKO Typo.. 
Message 73 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

As if it weren't difficult enough to get errors corrected on your credit report before.  Are the credit reporting agencies accountable to anyone (rhetorical question)?  How can it be legal for Experian to have that much control, yet not even have to be accountable to you?  You can't buy love, you can't buy happiness, now you can't even buy your Experian credit score! 
Message 74 of 681
fused
Moderator Emeritus

DebM wrote:
As if it weren't difficult enough to get errors corrected on your credit report before.  Are the credit reporting agencies accountable to anyone (rhetorical question)?  How can it be legal for Experian to have that much control, yet not even have to be accountable to you?  You can't buy love, you can't buy happiness, now you can't even buy your Experian credit score! 

Welcome to the forums!
Message 75 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aw..that's my highest score and now I won't even be able to stalk it Smiley Surprised
Message 76 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just bought a "credit score" from Experian (Feb 4th). Unfortunately, the score was a "Experian VantageScoreSM Report." It's based on a 990 point scale. How can I convert this to a FICO score?

Thanks.

Message 77 of 681
fused
Moderator Emeritus

KDELLIS wrote:

I just bought a "credit score" from Experian (Feb 4th). Unfortunately, the score was a "Experian VantageScoreSM Report." It's based on a 990 point scale. How can I convert this to a FICO score?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

There is no way to convert an EX Vantage score to an EX FICO score. They are two entirely different scoring algorithms.

Message 78 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, I just spent $$ for a useless number.

I went to Experian from the website rcommended by my lender: www.annualcreditreport.com.

Thanks for the information.

Message 79 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@CreditAble wrote:
Sorry that was a FAKO Typo.. 
You know I am just showing you love Smiley Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 80 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.