Reply
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,193
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


urgent_help_needed wrote:
I got the impression Equifax was the most pulled score by lenders.....is that true?

It really depends on where you live and which creditors are pulling your scores/reports. I live in Hawaii, aka EX land. Almost every Mainland creditor pulls EX in Hawaii, while some of our local banks and lenders might pull EQ. TU is rarely pulled here.

 

Some of the biggest EX pullers are Amex, Discover, BoA, FIA and Macy's. Again, it really depends on where you live, but I have noticed these companies do utilize EX a lot.

Valued Contributor
Guardian
Posts: 1,148
Registered: ‎04-23-2008

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


fused wrote:

urgent_help_needed wrote:
I got the impression Equifax was the most pulled score by lenders.....is that true?

It really depends on where you live and which creditors are pulling your scores/reports. I live in Hawaii, aka EX land. Almost every Mainland creditor pulls EX in Hawaii, while some of our local banks and lenders might pull EQ. TU is rarely pulled here.

 

Some of the biggest EX pullers are Amex, Discover, BoA, FIA and Macy's. Again, it really depends on where you live, but I have noticed these companies do utilize EX a lot.


I live in CA and I am forever en-death-ed to be pulled against EX since my TU and EQ almost never get pulled. Heck they don't even get the same reporting often times.


Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800


Established Contributor
Posts: 513
Registered: ‎04-03-2007

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


Guardian wrote:

CreditAble wrote:

mmfsr wrote:

EXPERIAN READ THIS!!! 

 

Flat out .... I will ask creditors what credit bureau that they use for their decisions ... if they respond experian than I will tell them directly that I will not do business with you nor apply for credit with you because experian does not provide consumers with their Fico score. 

 

The buck always stops at the end consumer!!! If a lender or creditor get enough negative feedback about experian then they will relay that back to experian or use a different bureau.


 

How do you like my new Siggy  :smileyhappy:

 


Your freeze is missing an E but I love it :smileyhappy:


 

Sorry that was a FAKO Typo.. 
New Visitor
DebM
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-04-2009

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

As if it weren't difficult enough to get errors corrected on your credit report before.  Are the credit reporting agencies accountable to anyone (rhetorical question)?  How can it be legal for Experian to have that much control, yet not even have to be accountable to you?  You can't buy love, you can't buy happiness, now you can't even buy your Experian credit score! 
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,193
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


DebM wrote:
As if it weren't difficult enough to get errors corrected on your credit report before.  Are the credit reporting agencies accountable to anyone (rhetorical question)?  How can it be legal for Experian to have that much control, yet not even have to be accountable to you?  You can't buy love, you can't buy happiness, now you can't even buy your Experian credit score! 

 

Welcome to the forums!
Established Contributor
rmily
Posts: 670
Registered: ‎07-12-2008

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Aw..that's my highest score and now I won't even be able to stalk it :smileysurprised:
New Visitor
KDELLIS
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-04-2009

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

I just bought a "credit score" from Experian (Feb 4th). Unfortunately, the score was a "Experian VantageScoreSM Report." It's based on a 990 point scale. How can I convert this to a FICO score?

 

Thanks.

Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,193
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


KDELLIS wrote:

I just bought a "credit score" from Experian (Feb 4th). Unfortunately, the score was a "Experian VantageScoreSM Report." It's based on a 990 point scale. How can I convert this to a FICO score?

 

Thanks.


 

Welcome to the forums!

 

There is no way to convert an EX Vantage score to an EX FICO score. They are two entirely different scoring algorithms.

New Visitor
KDELLIS
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎02-04-2009

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Great, I just spent $$ for a useless number.

I went to Experian from the website rcommended by my lender: www.annualcreditreport.com.

 

Thanks for the information.

Valued Contributor
Guardian
Posts: 1,148
Registered: ‎04-23-2008

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO


CreditAble wrote:
Sorry that was a FAKO Typo.. 
You know I am just showing you love :smileyhappy:

 


Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+