cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
MRwill
New Visitor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Dont like the idea of Experian retracting from the myfico website.  Really angry about their decision.  This is unfair.
Message 91 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

wilee what article are you referring to?
Message 92 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@wilee wrote:
hmmm...I wonder if Fair Isaac even allows CRA's to sell the FICO score to consumers. The article on credit.com has got my gears turning. Fair Isaac and Experian really need to get this hammered out.

EQ sells a FICO score.

Well EQ and FICO are practically in bed together, almost every monitering, alerts and forcasting tools on myFICO is designed to work with EQ and that's why I don't use it because its useless to me since EQ is my most inactive and useless file. The only thing I used to get and use was the 3 bureau one and now that's shot, its pretty much completely useless to me to pay for outside of my free copy which I can stretch to give me updated copies all year long.(Scorewatch = EQ, Orman = TU & EQ now, Simulator = TU & EQ, Quarterly = TU)

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 93 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone post the Experian executive contact information to see if they would like to tell us why they're doing this?

Edited by admin:  Let's not post personal information in the Forums.  Thanks!
Message Edited by Barry on 02-05-2009 06:47 AM
Message 94 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's really unfair!

Message 95 of 681
wilee
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@wilee wrote:
hmmm...I wonder if Fair Isaac even allows CRA's to sell the FICO score to consumers. The article on credit.com has got my gears turning. Fair Isaac and Experian really need to get this hammered out.

EQ sells a FICO score.

EQ has also been dropped from the lawsuit. The NY Times article, if true, confirms my suspicion; Fair Isaac does not allow Experian to sell a FICO score to consumers.

I was ready to hang Experian, now I'm not so sure it's all their fault.

Message 96 of 681
wilee
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
wilee what article are you referring to?

This one

...and the one from NYT:

NY Times Article

Message 97 of 681
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

I haven't read all of this thread but isn't there some sort of consumer group that lobby's for the consumer's right to know their actual FICO scores?  I think it should be a US Law that every consumer should have the ability to get an annual free credit report as well as annual free FICO scores.  I guess the grey area would be why just FICO scores and not Experian's own proprietory scoring system too?  Or why not all variations of TU's scores either?  I do see that it would be complicated to determine which scoring model score would be the free one to get, but some  information is better than no information IMO.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 98 of 681
yama

I would think EX is going to officially stop existing. They are going to close for good. No more credit history or FICO from Experian.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 99 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:
I haven't read all of this thread but isn't there some sort of consumer group that lobby's for the consumer's right to know their actual FICO scores?  I think it should be a US Law that every consumer should have the ability to get an annual free credit report as well as annual free FICO scores.  I guess the grey area would be why just FICO scores and not Experian's own proprietory scoring system too?  Or why not all variations of TU's scores either?  I do see that it would be complicated to determine which scoring model score would be the free one to get, but some  information is better than no information IMO.

Their lobby is bigger, stronger and has a stranglehold over the government. Its truly capitalism run amuck

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 100 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.