cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

SO whata is it we now get for our myFICO subscription cost?
Message 431 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

@Steve9356 wrote:
The last time I checked anyone that compiles credit information about specific individuals (i.e. all consumers on the planet) is required by law to share that information upon request!!!  Well here is my REQUEST!!!!!!!!!  As a PAYING "myFico" customer I would like to see my 3rd score!  This is not something that Experian can just deny me abitrallally.  No, that is my information and I DEMAND to see it!  This is nothing but another attempt to try to blind the people of this country, to withhold information in which they base your interest rates off of.  Another big business conspiracy to RAPE the average U.S. consumer.  We're nothing to them but a "CASH COW" with an account number, and they are finding now new ways to bleed us dry, and our elected government officials continue to let them do it because of contributions from lobbyists.  We are suppossed to be the greatest country in the world...... yet everyone that lives here struggles everyday to be able to afford to exist.  Our elected public officials are suppossed to protect us from this sort of thing, but that doesn't happen anymore either.  Why..... you ask???  I will tell you........... When these people campaign for these elected positions they spend hundreds of thousands sometimes millions of dollars to get elected..... some spend their entire life savings.  Can anyone tell why someone would do that to be elected to an office that pays a salary of under a $100,000 a year???  Sure is perplexing to me!!!!!!!  Sounds to me like the good ole United States needs its citizens to stand up rare back and take a big bite outta big business and government......... a little revolution I say...... to put this country back on track and get back to the values it started with.  It sure would be nice if everyone started to plant a garden, went with out expensive cars, and houses....... take all the money making devices away from big business ...... AND DRIVE THEM TO THEIR KNEES........ just like there doing to us EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

We all agree with you, that's not the issue, but it comes down to the fact that the same law that grants us the right to see our information does not guarantee or say anything about WHICH score we are entitled to see but rather that we only get to see our score and in the case of Experian they are choosing to make ONLY their score availabe and not the FICO we all want to see. They are using the loophole and until the letter of the law is changed, they can do it without much recourse for us.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 432 of 681
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

madaboutit wrote:
SO whata is it we now get for our myFICO subscription cost?

What do you subscribe to? (Score Watch, Suze, etc)

edited to add quote, duh me
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-23-2009 07:23 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 433 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given that now we are receiving a not-as-promised as signup service from MyFICO (we were promised access to all three agencies but now get only two) will we receive 1/3 of our yearly subscription rate back? The decision of Experian is not independent of decision Fair Isaac has taken (e.g. file lawsuits against Experian). So when should I expect my reduced rate adjustment?
Message 434 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

thymos wrote:
Given that now we are receiving a not-as-promised as signup service from MyFICO (we were promised access to all three agencies but now get only two) will we receive 1/3 of our yearly subscription rate back? The decision of Experian is not independent of decision Fair Isaac has taken (e.g. file lawsuits against Experian). So when should I expect my reduced rate adjustment?

Fair Isaac never offered a monitoring or subscription service for EX. Any monitoring products you have for EQ or TU have not been impacted because of EX's departure.
Message 435 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irrelevant.    When will the validation of FICO Scores emerge in  the aftermath of this this economic Tsumani?

Credit aberrations are not taken into account; to wit, the millions to be financially disabled and limbs amputated by those scores?  Experian has consistently been something like 100 pts less that Transunion/Equifax and from 790/840!  This is what rolled the unwary over to "sub prime," and it abuses of financial institutions are "right out there" today regardless of the intent of "Bail Out" money as a "Stimulus."   I have had "retail credit," and those accounts are closed; I do have PLATINUM CARDS and with a solid 4% fixed rate.   I also hold an MBA Degree and RE Broker Lic.   Experian's critique is the lack of retail cards.   Brain dead?  Why would you pay the outrageous retail card interest?  

I have availed of "No Down, No Interest, and No Payments [over stated period of time] " options that are ASTUTE FINANCIAL PLANNING, given they are paid within the period established; and have done so at Very Favorable Rates on my PC.  This is just more of BILKING higher fees, more mystique, and should have been part of part of legislation for CONSUMER PROTECTION.   When I have bothered to check Experian, there facts are so erroneous, accounts ommitted including mortgage, it should be known as "disreputable."

Message 436 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your forum stalled or what?   Many of us very involved are used to a "rapid response," and I see GAPS in posts to suggest they are not considered "relevant."   I believe these scores are bogus as well.
Message 437 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am OUTRAGED that Experian removed the FICO score. I rely on their score the most - for the past 7 years! SO WHAT if they are coming up with a new score model, the FICO score is what we need right now to stay afloat in this awful market. 

Big big mistake Experian. 

Experian: Keep the FICO until you get your model up and running. Don't put the consumer at a disadvantage because of bruised egos in negotiations between you and Fair Isaac. 

Message 438 of 681
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Like I said...choose NOT to deal with companies using ONLY Experian for a credit check.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 439 of 681
anaheimmimi

You are correct in saying there is not much we can do however we have to do whatever we can and if everyone refused to do business with companies that use EX then at some point they would have to sit up and take notice.  If enough consumers do this it will have to impact the sales of those business's.  Remember, those business's depend on OUR business to STAY in business!  I agree that it will take everyone standing their ground and for some of us it may mean having to walk away from a purchase we really want or need to make but in the long run I believe it will get their attention.  This action alone, in and of itself may not effect change however it may force other actions or reactions that will.  We have to start somewhere!
Message 440 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.