cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
wowchad
New Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
At 22 posts, you're right at the phase where you're drinking from a fire hydrant. Hang in there, it does get better!

I'm sorta at the same point but found that you can search and lurk for most of the common Q/A.

It basically boils down to it taking time, keeping low CC balances...PLUS NO MORE LATE PAYMENTS!!!

This site does offer so much valuable information that it can be overwhelming at first, I'm sure glad I found it!

(Much thanks to my local CU "rebuilding your credit" seminar for that!)

Message 631 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

I think what most people don't understand is that these credit reporting agency;s are in this for the money!  Also,they do not give an accurate report of  a persons credit worthyness. You can have a spotless credit history, with no late pay or collections, but because you do not have a long enough credit history [ over 10 years], have no new credit, have to much new credit, have too much revolving balance, dont have enough revolving balance, it is in thier power to score you lower or higher as they see fit. The fact's don't matter! You can keep trying to improve your score, pay out money for credit scores, credit monitoring, etc. but in the long run, your score is up to these agency's illogical estimation of your worthyness! We need to stop giving these agency's so much power! Stop paying for thier services, until they base thier scores on the fact's! DO YOU PAY YOUR BILLS, do you pay on time, do you have collections, are your balances to high, for your income. FACT'S!!  Not, " we'll you have only 8 year's of spotless credit, I think you need 15, so I will lower your score by 30 point's. Ridiculous !!!!
Message 632 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Psssst here is a secret.           Your lenders are FICO's customers not consumers.  If anyone didn't know that the FICO score and formula are geared for lenders to judge credit worthiness.  If consumers feel this is unfair,  make your own
Message 633 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.. I'm new here and I sure hope someone can help me out...

Ok.. I'm new here and I sure hope someone can help me out.

I went to run my credit report and score in June with myfico.com. To my surprise I learned that Experian was no longer available. ( Ok I guess I was living under a rock for awhile)

My Equifax was a 630 and my Transunion was a 623. Well I have been paying off accounts and really trying to clean up my credit so I can try to get a mortgage. When I spoke with someone at a bank they told me to run it again but this time get all 3 puls scores. Well since myfico.com no longer gave me the 3 scores I went to freecreditreport.com. Needless to say my jaw dropped and I was in tears. Here is what they are saying my scores are...

Equifax - 606 (fico said 630)

Transunion - 593 (fico said 623)

Experian - 600

Nothing was different, nothing added, nothing deleted, i paid the balance off on my credit card as well as paid some collection accounts ( they were not listed as being paid yet however). So my question is why on earth did they drop? The only thing different is where I ran and got the scores from. Can someone please help me with this?

Oh and here is a list of my husbands.... Same situation

Myfico.com - Equifax - 614    freecreditreport.com - equifax - 583

myfico.com - Transunion 546  freecreditreport.com - transunion - 576  (his went up...hmmmm)

freecreditreport.com - Experian 600

Message 634 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ok.. I'm new here and I sure hope someone can help me out...

Worry not. The scores from freecreditreport.com are not FICO scores. They are a non-FICO score we affectionately call a FAKO score. Specifically, this FAKO score from any Experian product, like freecreditreport, is called a PLUS score. Lenders won't touch these scores because they are so inaccurate.

It is very highly likely your lender will pull a FICO score. Chances are the EQ FICO as pulled from here will match the score the lender pulls, assuming the scores are pulled on the same day or nothing changed. Your TU FICO score may differ, however. This site offers a TU98 FICO score version whereas most lenders use a TU04 version. YMMV.

Other than from myFICO or your lender, the only place to get your EQ FICO score is directly from Equifax.com. Also outside of your lender or myFICO, the only place to get your TU FICO score is transunioncs.com (note the -cs). Regretfully, it is impossible to pull your own EX FICO score without the help of a lender (unless you belong to a small CU in PA called PSECU).

Message 635 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok.. I'm new here and I sure hope someone can help me out...

Wow.... Thanks for the info! This puts me at ease. I just knew something wasn't right. Wish I posted here before staying up all night and working all day scratching my head. If experian didn't break away from myfico it would have save me a lot of aggravation! I thank you for taking the time to explain.
Message 636 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been following this thread for sometime.  I have several items on my credit record that are not mine.  I naiviely thought I could handle the request for validation disputes myself - no dice.   Hired a credit repair firm, gave them a power of attorney to work on my behalf.  They attempted the process on my behalf.  Items could not be validated on Equifax and TransUnion, but Experian not only did nothing for my effort, but refused to address the items becasue they claimed the credit repair agency was "suspicioius" inquiry into my account.  Once again - no dice.  It would seem Experian is adamant about keeping items on my record even though they are removed from the other CRAs.  Maybe a cagey strategy?  Is this a part of their scheme to claim that they have ALL the info on a person to make their scores more marketable?  I've read on other forums that when Experian doesn't play fair like this with folks, people are merely freezing their Experian record.  If enough people did this Experian won't have much to share and their Plus scores will fail.  Why can't we all just pick up our toys and leave Experian to play by themselves and simply freeze our Experian accounts?  I spoke with mortgage broker and he showed me he is encountering that and also shared underwiting guidelines that say if only two CRAs reports available, average the two scores.  Okay FICO why cant's we do this?
Message 637 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering....How am I suppose to get my score from experian now?  Can I still purchase my score before February 13th?
Message 638 of 681
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

February 13 has already passed. The only place you can get your EX FICO now is either your lender or via a small CU in PA called PSECU.
Message 639 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I'm late but....that doesn't make much sense!!!  A lender, especially a auto finance company lender, can tell you anything!! 

So, how does one 'FREEZE" their Experian account??! A few people on here mentioned it.

Message 640 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.