cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

I dont even want to talk about it Smiley Sad I cant even express how upset I am already at Experian.
Message 21 of 681
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback from the FICO Forums community

porkozone wrote:

@ralbusta wrote:

This just goes to show that the CRAs and EX more specifically are not consumer oriented companies. Like any other business they cater to who they get their money from: their suscribers (lenders, CAs, etc. anyone who reports accounts to them)

This also means that Fair Isaac - who is selling the ability to generate FICO scores to EX in the first place - is giving in to the EX "request" to not provide that information.
By extension, this means Fair Isaac is not a consumer oriented company, as well, in my opinion. They apparently are more worried about losing their dominance in the credit score industry, and the money that gives them, than they are to standing firm against such a consumer-unfriendly "request".
 Now excuse me while I go get some mouthwash - I have a very bad taste in my mouth. 

The scores themselves are generated at the credit bureaus; myFICO is simply the go-between, the conduit between the consumers and the CB's through which consumers can buy their scores.

If EX doesn't want to let consumers have their scores anymore, there's nothing myFICO can do to force them to hand them over.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 22 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

This information should be free for people if our lives are determined by these scores.  This is an excellent example of capitalism run-amuck!  I'm glad that experian has decided to do this.  People can get free credit reports, but they can't get the score for free or monitor it.  This is like not being able to monitor your own bank account, in my opinion. 

I'm so glad this forum exists.  FICO is one of the biggest scams ever!!!

Message 23 of 681
wilee
Contributor

Time for government intervention. Until the federal government REQUIRES the cra's to provide ALL (credit scores included) the SAME information to the consumer as they provide to the customer (ie lender) about the consumer, this will continue. I'm not a fan of big government, but this would be an area where consumers would actually benefit from more regulation.
Message Edited by wilee on 02-04-2009 02:37 PM
Message 24 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Wilee!  Absolutely!
Message 25 of 681
armymom
Regular Contributor

I agree with you Wilee!!  Considering our country's current credit situation, now more than ever consumers need to have access to their CR's.
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 26 of 681
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@armymom wrote:
I agree with you Wilee!!  Considering our country's current credit situation, now more than ever consumers need to have access to their CR's.

Acces to one's CR is relatively easy.  It is the REAL genuine FICO score that is so important  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 27 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first thing that comes up to my mind is the Experian wants to make people to purchase their Experian's scores directly from them. Hence, myFICO product (full credit report from the 3 agencies) wont be the same and they can compete. We can go around this marketing share battle forever and it all makes sence....
Message 28 of 681
Dobbin
New Visitor

Hi,

Hopefully someone will know. Does this mean that those of us who requested the monthly monitering will be re-imbursed?

Thanks

Message 29 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is no indication experian will be selling the score on their website. 

also if you are talking about the score watch when you mention a monitoring product, that monitors equifax not experian.

Message 30 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.