cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

tag
wilee
Contributor

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

@Anonymous wrote:

Wilee,

Agreed on the big government thing, especially since I'm a little to the right of Genghis Khan. I'll disagree on one point though, I don't feel that government intervention in this case would be invasive. It would fall more under the realm of leveling the playing field for us overtaxed working schmucks.

Here's my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong. For example, when buying a new car one of the tools I'll use to determine whether or not I'm approaching a good business is to drive up in my old active duty military and college days car, an ancient yet well maintained Toyota Corolla, and in jeans. I went to my local BMW dealer for a new 335 convertible and they wouldn't even talk to me. Next town over, I at least talked to a sales rep. As it is now, they can just deny me a loan because I drop the suit and roll in with my ghetto car with no explanation as to how they reached their decision because they use the newly appointed crap-tastic Experian?

I'm not saying this would be an invasive regulation; quite the opposite. Consumers need all the help they can get when so much is at stake.

Message 41 of 681
CWSleeper

Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Let me get this correct - a company that I never authorized to collect information on me now will let me monitor them to keep the information correct but will not allow me to see how they are rating that information that they give to other companies.

I would say a good letter writing campaign to the Congress and Senate will stop this pretty quickly.

Does anyone know if a template has been prepared already? I will send email tonight. It is inherently unfair and, in this economic climate, won't be tolerated by our legislature.

Message 42 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@cobaltnv wrote:

I was, naively, under the impression that as part of  the fair credit reporting act people needed to be given access to their credit scores (fees allowed). I guess that is not true.

If I were a betting man I would guess that Experian will start selling scores on their website. I really hope this blows up in their face. Of course the only way for that to happen is for lenders to stop using Experian for their lending decisions. I wonder what we as the general population can do to help encourage lenders to use TransUnion and Equifax?

not a god d**n thing. you think if there was anything we could do we would this far up S* creak right now?

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 43 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

@cobaltnv wrote:

I was, naively, under the impression that as part of  the fair credit reporting act people needed to be given access to their credit scores (fees allowed). I guess that is not true.

If I were a betting man I would guess that Experian will start selling scores on their website. I really hope this blows up in their face. Of course the only way for that to happen is for lenders to stop using Experian for their lending decisions. I wonder what we as the general population can do to help encourage lenders to use TransUnion and Equifax?

The only scores EX will sell are Vantage, Plus and Scorex Plus...no FICO scores.

YET YET YET YET, since they havn't STOPPED selling them on myFICO yet either. Unless you work for Experian and have first hand knowledge, you can't be so emphatic on what they will do, they are not doing this for nothing, there has to be something in it for these blood suckers.

Message Edited by Guardian on 02-04-2009 02:56 PM

Message 44 of 681
fused
Moderator Emeritus

???????
Message 45 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EXPERIAN READ THIS!!! 

Flat out .... I will ask creditors what credit bureau that they use for their decisions ... if they respond experian than I will tell them directly that I will not do business with you nor apply for credit with you because experian does not provide consumers with their Fico score. 

The buck always stops at the end consumer!!! If a lender or creditor get enough negative feedback about experian then they will relay that back to experian or use a different bureau.

I have not been satisfied with the accuracy of Experian to begin with!

Although a noble principle and I agree with you in this, unless EVERYONE does it, it won't make a dent or matter at all. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Message 46 of 681
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only scores EX will sell are Vantage, Plus and Scorex Plus...no FICO scores.

what exactly is the rational for Experian selling 3 different FAKO scores? They could probably make just as much money just selling one. 
 Are any of these scores used anywhere by anybody?

Message 47 of 681
fused
Moderator Emeritus

urgent_help_needed wrote:

what exactly is the rational for Experian selling 3 different FAKO scores? They could probably make just as much money just selling one. No idea why.
 Are any of these scores used anywhere by anybody? Hardly, any lenders use them.

Message 48 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@CWSleeper wrote:

Let me get this correct - a company that I never authorized to collect information on me now will let me monitor them to keep the information correct but will not allow me to see how they are rating that information that they give to other companies.

I would say a good letter writing campaign to the Congress and Senate will stop this pretty quickly.

Does anyone know if a template has been prepared already? I will send email tonight. It is inherently unfair and, in this economic climate, won't be tolerated by our legislature.

Look at our history, when was the last time anything we did in a situation similar to this made ANY difference? Governement is supposed to protect its people but guess who pays more into the government, you guessed it, the business screwing us and needing them to turn a blind eye and they do. Why do you think we are drowing in crap right now, deregulation.

Message 49 of 681
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what exactly is the rational for Experian selling 3 different FAKO scores? They could probably make just as much money just selling one. 
 Are any of these scores used anywhere by anybody?

Its an effort to try 3 times as hard to shove their cr*p down people's throat and try to make themselves something they will NEVER be.

Message 50 of 681
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.