01-05-2010 01:14 PM - edited 01-04-2011 10:56 AM
The Consumer Federation of America found that consumers could save $28 billion a year in lower credit card finance charges if they improved their credit scores by 30 points. As the New Year begins we’d like to officially announce the FICO Fitness Challenge!
The concept is simple:
Set a goal for where you’d like to see your FICO score at the end of 2010. Then with the help of our Credit Education Center and FICO Forums Community, take the steps that will help you achieve this goal during the coming year. Why not challenge yourself to get your credit in shape and start saving money?
To take the challenge tell us the following:
1. Your FICO score goal for 2010
2. Your current FICO score(s)
3. The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal
Then periodically share your progress with the FICO Forums Community and help others by providing the kind of expertise and support that earned us a prestigious Forrester Groundswell Award for social media in 2009.
Here's to a financially healthy New Year for us all!
NEW feature: Click here for the Official FICO Fitness Challenge siggy!
01-05-2010 04:02 PM
1) Our goal is to raise both EQ & TU FICOs to 750 & 760 respectively for both DW and myself.
2) Our current EQ/TU FICO scores as of January 1 are 642/672 for myself and 651/667 for DW.
3) The fastest way to impact our FICO scores is to paydown CC debt. DW was at 89% at the start of the year and I was approaching 70%. We began working a plan to lower our util near 0% by July 1. We are also looking to buy our first home this year too.
01-05-2010 06:15 PM
I wish I had a goal to set. I made some major accomplishments in 2009 by getting all negatives deleted. I guess it never hurts to get the FICO scores higher. I won't apply for any new credit and will let my AAoA increase.
Best wishes to all who taking part of the FICO Fitness Challenge
01-05-2010 06:42 PM
01-05-2010 07:15 PM
01-06-2010 04:13 AM
(1) My goal is to break into the 700 club, hopefully 720+
(2) Current FICO scores: 677 TU; 691 EQ
(3) My plan is - not much - time is my greatest ally. Pay down & pay off some CCs, keep paying my SL, let my accounts age and do not open any new accounts.
2009 was a volatile year for my credit profile. I consolidated 3 or 4 student loans into one, I opened up I think 8 new charge accounts ( I only had one before this, which I was an AU on), and a couple of derogs dropped. I had a total of 20 SW alerts from July to Dec....
I have no plans to make a major purchase, such as a house or auto, and I am in no desperate hurry to raise my scores instantly, so my big plan is really nothing for now except to let accounts and inquiries age and maybe increase some CLs. I still have some derogs which aren't scheduled to drop off completely until late 2011, I'll just let them die a slow death. By early 2012 I should have a pretty clean and healthy credit profile except for a couple of things which I have no power over at the moment.
Good luck to all.
01-06-2010 10:14 AM
1. My goal is to cross the 650 mark
2. My current fico is 614 (1/4/10 SW alert)
3. Pay all credit cards off, GW until my fingers bleed, Get a secured card
01-06-2010 11:51 AM
1. Y/E 2010 Goal - 720 - may be difficult to achieve as I could lose some 10 year positive history....
2. Current TU 663 and EQ 682
3. I plan to keep my utilization down, continue to gw my three baddies and hope for the best....let stuff age..
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO