Regular Contributor
heatherskib

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

[ Edited ]

We're just trying to find our way home! 

1-So min is 620 each.... if we can do better we'll be really happy especially if we can pull it off before the tax credit deadline...

2- I'm currently at 583 and my husband is at 601.

2007-2009 were really rough on us.  My husband was laid off twice- both times Unemployment got screwed up royally and never paid out, and we had to move from rental to rental 4 times in 2 years due to the owners not paying the mortgages when we paid rent. 

What hurt us the most is what we were doing to fix our credit through 07 and 08 got screwed by the latest lay-off and eviction due to foreclosure.  We'd opened accounts and were paying on them, but it came to a roof over our head, power and food over paying bills. So accounts went to collection agencies.

3- Everything has been paid off now and we had no open accounts except my student loans.  Now we just have to rebuild, which means opening accounts and paying them off.  I got my Macys card reinstated w/ a $255 limit and have been using it and paying it off on a monthly basis, and we opened a joint account to Badcock in November with a $3000 limit and purchased a $1000 TV, which we will have PIF by March.  We're just hemming and hawing about opening a secured credit card w/ a $1,000 limit.   We're unsure if this will help our score or not. The options are $1000 each, $2000 joint or $2000 for one or each of us.

The bonus from the last few years is we really learned how to trim fat from our budget.

If anyone has any advice- we sure could use it!

Message Edited by heatherskib on 01-20-2010 06:39 PM
Valued Member
Maryn

Goal: 700 (but I would be thrilled with the 30 point increase)

Current scores: EQ 639  TU 643

Plan of action:  Continue to pay all accounts on time and pay off revolving accounts each month

No new credit

Continue with quarterly GW efforts: Discover, Cap1 and CMI

I think this is a great idea...will keep posting.

Initial Score: 639-643
Current Score: 679-682
Goal: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
marty56

haulingthescoreup wrote:
So my goal isn't to increase my scores; it's to get them back. :smileyvery-happy:

Not me, I would steal FICO points from a little old lady CSR who works for BofA if I could.

For me, geting to your FICO score goal seems easier then maintaining it.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Senior Contributor
BungalowMo

My 2010 goal....pay down my cc bal & refi this summer after my cap 1 baddie falls off EX

Current FICO's....TU 734 (12/23/09) EQ 670 (12/21/09)

FICO goal?....   TU up past 750 & EQ above 700 going as high as it can!

Game plan.... for now I have been paying the min on cc accts because my job is likely ending in FEB & I need the available $$ possibly for bills & mortgage.  As soon as employment is in the bag, hit those card balances.  I was around 50% until I got the 10k nationwide card.  Now at 35%, it looks good on paper, but I still owe about 8k in cc debt. I am not going to app for any more credit until this summer when several inq's fall off EQ & EX & 2 cards hit the year mark.

Sure hope it all works!!! :smileyindifferent:

Starting Score: 07/2011 TU 732 - EQ 717 - EX 702
Current Score: 06/2014 TU 739 - EQ '08 709 - EX 721
Goal Score: 850

Bury me in the garden...last app 06.18.14

New Visitor
ppdollar

First of all Happy New Year everyone. I started my payoff to get a better score in the Summer of 2008 and now I am aiming higher.

1.  My FICO score goal for 2010 is 815

2.  Your current FICO score(s) is 771

3.  The steps I plan to take to achieve my goal is to pay off all debt except mortgage,  Refinanace to a better rate, use my credit wisely and have revolving debt that I can pay off successfully each month.

All the best and best of luck to everyone! We have made it tis far, the goal is set.......let the year begin.

Established Member
Nelia64

My Goal for 2010 is to be in the 700+ club.  The year 2009 was an awakening for me

and I started diligently working on my credit score which when I started back in Feb09 were in the

mid 500's and currently my scores are

EQ 654

TU 665

EX Fako 741

I had a great year and plan on having an even better 2010 when it come to taking care of my

credit.  I want to shout out to all members on myFico for helping me on my journey to financial

health.

I will continue to keep my utilization under 20%.  Currently due to holidays my utilization is at 40% but

that will be rectified this month.  I also got a great credit gift in 2009!  Capital One gave me a credit

increase of $2000 on my MC (For years my credit limit was only $300 due to bad credit management).

I will use my credit cards wisely and considering the new laws that the credit cards are raining down upon

us poor consumers I will most definitely be paying bills ON TIME:smileyhappy:

I have a couple more baddies on my report that will fall off in the 1st quarter this year.  Did a hell of a lot of disputing in 2009 and I reaped the rewards but very exhausting work.  I think I will just sit back this year since I do not plan

on making any big purchases until 2nd Quarter 2010.

Good Luck to Everyone taking the 2010 Fico Fitness Challenge!

Starting Score: TU 651, EQ 640, EX 597
Current Score: TU 709, EQ 684, EX 726
Goal Score: TU 760, EQ 730, EX 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
nurseybp

How did you get all negative removed?
divasoul

1.  I'd like to get my score up to 650 by the end of the year

2.  My current FICO score(s) are in the low to mid 500s

3.  I've already begun paying down my credit cards.  Next step is to work on getting negatives deleted.

New Contributor
wowchad

My goal also to get into the 700 club. When we applied for a home re-fi loan back in November I was at 656 EQ, 647 TU, & 671 EX.

I do have an old BK on my report that won't fall off until 2011 but I've paid all bills on-time and no past due.

(The bank showed a total of 5 Iq, 1 public record worst trade 9-?? and 18 staisfactions-?? oldest date 5/99)

I'm overdrawn $500 on a Home Eq line, (that we tried to wrap into this re-fi but since our addition isin't complete they wouldn't close.)

So I'm going to reapply for another, higher home equity line, finish up our house and then roll the HELoC into a fixed rate, contiue to pay my bills on time and hope for the best. CC debt gets paid in full every month but I'm sure my util is higher than 10% so I'm going to work on paying before the statement closes too.

Happy New Year and good luck with your goals! Chad 

klimtmuse

My goal for this year is to get to 650. I am not sure if I can increase those scores within a year, but I will do my best. I win the award for lowest scores so far I think. I had reasons and now they are solved, so I can only have my scores move upward. I am optimistic.

They are:   Transunion: 529     Equifax: 483

I have many negative items that will delete in the next 2-3 years. I now have only 1 credit card and my loans are almost completely gone. I will pay off my credit card every month too. Any other suggestions? Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}