01-07-2010 08:14 AM
How did you get all negative removed?
I followed the advise on this site. I spent a lot of time on the credit rebuilding forum, then the mortgage forum, then the credit card forum, and finally the auto loan forum. I pretty much made the rounds. I sent out what seemed like a hundred letters and followed up by pulling my reports daily. Within 2 years my score went up a lot. I have since bought a new house, a reliable car, and have good credit cards. Time and persistence is your ally.
1/10 TU ??? EQ 718 EX ???
5/09 TU 809 EQ 728 EX 800
4/09 TU 789 EQ 676 EX 696
2/09 TU 783 EQ 731 EX ???
2/09 TU 678 EQ 674 EX 676
12/08 TU 611 EQ 659 EX 620
2/07 TU 570 EQ 565 EX 550
01-07-2010 08:59 AM
1. My credit goal for 2010 is to increase my FICO scores above 750.
2. Right now my TransUnion score is 690 and my Equifax score is 704.
3. I'm going to pay off the lowest credit card amount first and then I'll increase the payments on the 2nd lowest card and I'll continue with this method until I am completely out of debt.
Good luck to everyone on the FICO Fitness Challenge!!
01-07-2010 09:32 AM
My 2010 goal is to increase my credit score to above 600 (don't know how realistic that is but I'm going to try).
My current FICO score on Equifax is only 500. I'm not sure what the FICO is on Exp or TU b/c I have not yet purchased them.
My strategy to achieve this goal is to have negative items removed:
- clear faulty judgments
- negotiate PFDs on collection & charge off accounts
- pay bills on time (auto loan & student loans - hopefully get a lender after completing loan rehab for student loans)
- get a secured card towards end of year to rebuild credit
01-07-2010 10:40 AM - edited 01-07-2010 10:43 AM
Right here in this thread. It's an unofficial Challenge.
I think you simply post your goals here and update us from time to time.
The moderators will chime in and help you out or you can post your questions elsewhere in these forums for specific help.
Honestly you can learn so much from just reading other people's experiences and questions you won't even need to ask much.
01-07-2010 10:45 AM
1. My FICO goal for 2010 is to get my score above 750 and my husbands to 700
2. my current EQ score: 712 His: 612
3. I intend to pay off all remaining credit card debt and unsecured loans. I currently am at roughly, 40% on my credit cards and have about $22000 in student loans and other personal loans. Once those are paid all that will be left is the mortgage. Wish me luck.
01-07-2010 10:50 AM
01-07-2010 10:55 AM
01-07-2010 11:19 AM
My goal is to break 760. My plan is to do a whole lotta nothing since my major negatives are my credit history length and waiting for an old delinquency to drop off my record. For everyone else massive repair is possible just be mindful and have patience.
1/7/2010 EQ 729
12/19/2008 EQ 660
10/12/2007 EQ 566
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.