New Visitor
jla63501

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

My husband and I both have Fico scores of 800.  However we do have some debt I want to pay off (motorcycle loan and student loan to start with).  I would like to get us up to 815 or 820 by the end of 2010.  We are going to sell our townhome in 2011 and buy a house, so I would like to get it up as high as I can by then.
danapdx23

I'm on board!!

1. My goal is to be over 600, preferably closer to 650, by the end of the year. A little lofty, considering...

2. I have a current FICO of 550. Ouch. 

3. To meet this goal, I started by signing up for quarterly score tracking so I can see just how I'm doing and (hopefully) stay motivated. Using the info I gained from my first report, I am going to pay off the collections on my report this year (one will be paid off by May as part of a payment plan, the other one I need to get in contact with the agency to work out a deal or payment plan and hopefully pay it off completely this year). I also just started a debt management plan at the end of 09, and I have already seen my balances start going down (as opposed to before entering the DMP, when I would pay every penny I had and see my balances rise thanks to high interest rates) - so, I plan to continue making my payments and making sure they make it to my creditors every month. Meanwhile, just for my own financial health I am going to continue working toward building an emergency fund, no matter how long it may take me! (Right now we're putting in $15 a paycheck, though we're hoping to be able to increase that once our finances settle down a bit over the next couple months.)

slamdunk46

My scores are EQ 618 EX 627 TR 681 i am closing on a duplex next Monday

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
juicy1

My score as of this month is 416 i would like to break into the 650's minimally by Dec. 31st......i have a student loan i never been late on and 3 credit cards.  What's hurting my scores is collections from previous years and my cards been late since loss of job in July 2008.  I am currently unemployed...and not qualify for unemployment...so this journey will be quite difficult to begin with.....

Wish Me Luck!

GiGi
Frequent Contributor
bigtim

demi wrote:

2.  Equifax 649 (ouch, took a dive), Transunion est 675 (have not purchased for a few months, however CreditKarma is 699).

My CreditKarma TU score is always like 70 points LESS (at least 40 or 50) than myFICO TU score. Before I started looking into my credit I had no idea what my score was or what 'FAKOs' were, etc. So I seen my score first at CK, and then was pleasantly surprised that my more accurate score from here was much higher. It appears yours may work in the opposite direction - CK higher than myFICO?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Got brave, apped for Citi Hilton Visa 05/2012 - Denied
Back to gardening for a year or two
New Visitor
Just-Me-Too

Since joining MyFico.com, my credit score has gone from 720 to a high of 807 last Spring. THEN I used a CC I hadn't used in a while (wanted the reward points) and my score dropped to 787. I'm back up to 794.  My goal in 2010 is to bring my score to 815. 

My fiance and I are house hunting. We have an agreement that the person with the lower score, has to pay the difference in our scores (times $1,000) in additional downpayment.  I agreed - thinking my score was higher than his. I was wrong - his current score is 813.

To increase my score, I'll keep paying CCs off monthly, not apply for new lines or increases in lines, rotate cards more frequently and research what causes scores to drop so, I don't do something stupid again.  I would like to have my score over 800 when we begin the pre-qualification process.

New Visitor
countryroads

I have come a long way.  I had some major blemishes a few years back. The saying time heals all wounds definitely can be applied to my credit scores in May of 09 both TU and EQ were mid 500s.

current TU/EQ 598/654 as of Dec. 10th 2009

Goal for 2010 is to break into the 700s

My plan of action for achieving this is to pay off the remainder of credit card debt by the end of the first quarter of 2010.  I have picked up a second job temporarily and this money goes strictly to debt. Once the credit card debt is gone. I will use only one card and pay it off monthly.

Valued Member
GWilliam

[ Edited ]

1. My goal is to cross the 620 660 mark by December 31st. Looks like I set my goal to low, as I'm at 619 on 1/31/10!

2. My current fico is 562 and 680 CrediKarma, pulled both 1/1/2010. CreditKarma is at 691 on 1/31/10!

3. Will be post Bk7 in Feburary, so I have a long way to go, but will try to get a secured or unsecured CC, will pay off monthly and will keep paying my student loan on time.

Message Edited by GWilliam on 01-31-2010 12:58 PM

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
JesuslovesYOU

My score is currently 787 and 786. 

I plan to pay off my credit card by April 2010.

I also plan not to borrow more money or charge up my credit card.

If I charge anything, I will pay the balance off.

New Visitor
BDFulton

My FICO Goal for 2010 is to have a FICO Score of 800

Currently my FICO Score is 746

I will do this by paying down my credit cards and paying off my last student loan.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+