01-07-2010 02:24 PM
01-07-2010 04:01 PM
I'm on board!!
1. My goal is to be over 600, preferably closer to 650, by the end of the year. A little lofty, considering...
2. I have a current FICO of 550. Ouch.
3. To meet this goal, I started by signing up for quarterly score tracking so I can see just how I'm doing and (hopefully) stay motivated. Using the info I gained from my first report, I am going to pay off the collections on my report this year (one will be paid off by May as part of a payment plan, the other one I need to get in contact with the agency to work out a deal or payment plan and hopefully pay it off completely this year). I also just started a debt management plan at the end of 09, and I have already seen my balances start going down (as opposed to before entering the DMP, when I would pay every penny I had and see my balances rise thanks to high interest rates) - so, I plan to continue making my payments and making sure they make it to my creditors every month. Meanwhile, just for my own financial health I am going to continue working toward building an emergency fund, no matter how long it may take me! (Right now we're putting in $15 a paycheck, though we're hoping to be able to increase that once our finances settle down a bit over the next couple months.)
01-07-2010 04:13 PM
My score as of this month is 416 i would like to break into the 650's minimally by Dec. 31st......i have a student loan i never been late on and 3 credit cards. What's hurting my scores is collections from previous years and my cards been late since loss of job in July 2008. I am currently unemployed...and not qualify for unemployment...so this journey will be quite difficult to begin with.....
Wish Me Luck!
01-07-2010 04:35 PM
2. Equifax 649 (ouch, took a dive), Transunion est 675 (have not purchased for a few months, however CreditKarma is 699).
My CreditKarma TU score is always like 70 points LESS (at least 40 or 50) than myFICO TU score. Before I started looking into my credit I had no idea what my score was or what 'FAKOs' were, etc. So I seen my score first at CK, and then was pleasantly surprised that my more accurate score from here was much higher. It appears yours may work in the opposite direction - CK higher than myFICO?
01-07-2010 05:22 PM
Since joining MyFico.com, my credit score has gone from 720 to a high of 807 last Spring. THEN I used a CC I hadn't used in a while (wanted the reward points) and my score dropped to 787. I'm back up to 794. My goal in 2010 is to bring my score to 815.
My fiance and I are house hunting. We have an agreement that the person with the lower score, has to pay the difference in our scores (times $1,000) in additional downpayment. I agreed - thinking my score was higher than his. I was wrong - his current score is 813.
To increase my score, I'll keep paying CCs off monthly, not apply for new lines or increases in lines, rotate cards more frequently and research what causes scores to drop so, I don't do something stupid again. I would like to have my score over 800 when we begin the pre-qualification process.
01-07-2010 05:33 PM
I have come a long way. I had some major blemishes a few years back. The saying time heals all wounds definitely can be applied to my credit scores in May of 09 both TU and EQ were mid 500s.
current TU/EQ 598/654 as of Dec. 10th 2009
Goal for 2010 is to break into the 700s
My plan of action for achieving this is to pay off the remainder of credit card debt by the end of the first quarter of 2010. I have picked up a second job temporarily and this money goes strictly to debt. Once the credit card debt is gone. I will use only one card and pay it off monthly.
01-07-2010 07:03 PM - edited 01-31-2010 12:58 PM
1. My goal is to cross the
620 660 mark by December 31st. Looks like I set my goal to low, as I'm at 619 on 1/31/10!
2. My current fico is 562 and 680 CrediKarma, pulled both 1/1/2010. CreditKarma is at 691 on 1/31/10!
3. Will be post Bk7 in Feburary, so I have a long way to go, but will try to get a secured or unsecured CC, will pay off monthly and will keep paying my student loan on time.
01-07-2010 07:08 PM
My score is currently 787 and 786.
I plan to pay off my credit card by April 2010.
I also plan not to borrow more money or charge up my credit card.
If I charge anything, I will pay the balance off.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.