02-23-2010 04:12 PM
02-23-2010 05:52 PM
I first started tracking my FICO score (700) in Aug 2005. Stayed about the same for 2 years and then Sept 2007-Oct 2009 was in the 750 range. Since Oct. 2009 have been in the high 700's. Goal is to get over 800. I have A LOT of credit card debt but also a very high limit and always pay on time. I have been paying off one card at a time while paying minimums on the others that have low rates until I can start on those. This was the first year that we had less debt on Jan 1 than Dec 1 (history of spending too much on Christmas). Anything that I charge now gets paid off that month. Want to have nothing but mortgage debt in 3 years. Still have school loans to pay off after the credit card debt is done.
Have been successful in saving and putting money away for retirement at the same time as I whittle away at the debt. It has been a very slow process and has required me to change my mind set regarding credit cards. My major goal is for my children to learn from this and never get into this situation.
02-24-2010 07:28 AM
02-24-2010 08:54 PM - edited 02-24-2010 08:58 PM
02-24-2010 08:58 PM
This forum is incredible On 2/10 my score was 579 I got my tax refund 2/12 paid off all my credit cards and man my score definitely improved. Utilization is key! On 2/17 I pulled my score again for EQ only and it's now 614. I am only going up from here I do not want to fall back down! My goal for 2010 is a fico score of 720 and I can achieve this. I have one baddie thats been dragging me down for years that's due to fall off in July so I'm hoping my goal will be met before the end of the year.
Congrats and good for you! Keep fighting!
02-25-2010 11:20 AM
1) My FICO score goal for 2010 is to make it to the 700 club! I've been close before but things have happened and knocked me off course...
2) According to ScoreWatch my current Equifax score is 491
3) I just paid off one credit card today (yay me!) but have a few more 'negatives' to work on. I'm not exactly sure what my plan is except to continue to pay off debt, only use one credit card (and keep the balance LOW but not zero) and see how it goes... Reading posts in this forum has definitely helped me better understand the credit card game so I won't make some of the same mistakes again.
Good Luck everyone!
02-26-2010 01:20 PM
Score just jumped 50+ points!!!!
Took my util from 92% down to 3% and saw my score jump from 589 to 642 in one month
I'm well on my way to the 700 Club
02-28-2010 09:55 AM
I did it! Its been three years since I first started working on my credit and this weekend I reached the 700 club! Yaaay for me ! Now I will reset my fitness goal to work on maintaining and reaching 730.
03-01-2010 06:22 PM
1. Your FICO score goal for 2010 EQ FICO 660 TU FICO 700
2. Your current FICO score(s) EQ FICO 2/11//10 623, TU FICO 2/11/10 666
3. The steps you plan to take to achive your goal Continue with on time payment history, work on last to paid collections to be removed
03-02-2010 07:42 AM
This is a great idea! I need support lol. I'm 25 and dealing with student loans and the credit card pain from youthful ignorance(they really need to have financial responsibility classes in high school senior year!)
1) I'd like to get my score above 700. Maybe 720ish.
2) My current EQ is 664, not sure about TU3) I'm going to (a) attack my credit card debt with a mighty force! (b) Be a good girl and stick to the lovely budget I made for myself. I think if I do this I'll be ok!