New Visitor
devilbaby13413

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

Do you know how much it is for a month or a year?

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

devilbaby13413 wrote:

Do you know how much it is for a month or a year?

There isn't a service that allows you to pull with any frequency, but there might be a couple of options you might be interested in:

Score Watch® is a FICO product that monitors your EQ report and EQ FICO score for changes. With the subscription you get 2 EQ FICO reports per year (w/ the first of the 2 used when you subscribe) with daily monitoring of your report and less frequent monitoring (7-10 days) of your EQ FICO score. It's great if you have a lot of changes happening on EQ. You can also set your "Target Score" to match your current EQ FICO and everytime your score changes, you'll be alerted to your new EQ FICO. I've been a subscriber going on 3 yrs come this fall and it's been a big help. You also get $5 discounts on any future EQ FICO report pull.

FICO® Quarterly Monitoring monitors your TU report for demographic changes which help if you suspect ID theft. It also automatically delivers to you a new TU FICO report every quarter.

Personally, I think the best setup is to subscribe to a CMS that allows you to pull all 3 reports on a daily basis. Creditchecktotal comes to mind but there are others. Ignore the scores as they are not FICO scores (ignore the advice too), but as you see a change to your TU and/or EQ FICO report, then come back here and purchase a new report (via FICO® Standard). That way you can see your FICO score change as the event occurs. I suggest subscribing to ScoreWatch for the discounts and it'll also catch score changes where other services cannot.

Before purchasing anything, google "FICO discount codes" to see if you can save. On the home page of this forum, you'll also see a decent discount code (30% off I think).

Regular Contributor
tiger20

I'm not looking to make any real big purchases anytime soon, well car that will be from 23k-25k.  My 1st house won't come until the next 5 years.  All of my derog accts will fall in 2012.  Right now I am trying to get my revolving util % under 5 % from 107% to gain at least 120-150 points.  I am currently at 552 eq and 610 TU.

My goal is to be at 720 by December.

Starting Score: 510
Current Score: 621
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

" A man can fail many times but he is not considered a failure until he begins to blame someone for his mistakes"

Author Unknown
Established Member
CruisinCindy

DH and I are hoping to purchase a house in 2011. We are working on getting the CC balance to 30% of credit line or lower while saving for down pymt of 10%. Also paying down old student loan, 4 CC,

2Car loans. 

Starting Score: 685 TU & 704 EQ
Current Score: 685 TU & 704 EQ
Goal Score: 750

Starting Score: TransUn 681 Equifax 704 Mar'10
Current Score: TransUn 731 Equifax 704 Aug'11

TU 736 EQ 704 EQ 686 May12 pulled by LO Goal Score: 850

Established Member
Rugboy

I would like to build a house in 3 years, I don't know if that is possible with my credit, but you all sure give me hope  that my score can be repaired.  Thanks

Starting Score: 481
Current Score: 541
Goal Score: 650

Regular Contributor
SunnyDaze77

[ Edited ]

So bummed...I had FAKO scores listed before in the 600's but checked my FICO scores and they are in the 500's.  That's a HUGE difference. 

Recently, have sent PFD's and GW's hoping for a miracle.  I haven't heard anything yet.  I guess I will send GW's every week.  How long should I wait before sending another PFD to the same companies?  I just signed up for Scorewatch and TU quarterly monitoring.  The thing that is hurting the most that is recent is stupid SL's.  I feel like such a fool for not facing them head on and instead was in denial about how this would affect me.  Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. 

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
m_r_alexander

First of all let me say thanks to Barry for his assistance.  I was having a bit of technical difficulty and he was kind enough to walk me through the set-up.

I am wanting to purchase a home in the near future, preferably before the end of the year.  From what I have read as of recent the 8k tax credit is to end in April.

With the current state of our economy I can't help but be hopeful that the credit will be extended through the end of the year. 

This will be my first home purchase and I would really appreciate any guidance you guys may be willing to share.  In pulling all 3 of my CR recently I am noticing several charge off entries all connecting back to the same account.  On on of the CR it is listed with 3 different collection agencies.  The OC was Embaq, now CenturyLink.  I have contacted CenturyLink and they have provided me with a letter, on official letterhead, stating the my account was paid in satisfactory and in full.  I have recently sent certified letters to EQ and TU with a copy of the letter from CenturyLink enclosed.  What should I expect?  Will that be enough to have those collection lines removed or will I have to deal with the collection agencies individually?  Should I expect to see a score increase?

Starting Score: EQ 557 TU 624 EX 561 (March 2010)
Current Score: EQ 637 TU 649 EX 670
Goal Score: EQ 775 TU 775 EX 775

New Visitor
stevie5150

I'm in.  I'm here to learn and get my credit back on track.  It all started in 2006 when I lost my job making a good salary.  I have struggled with paying my bills on time until the beginning of this year.  I have paid off two vehicles in January, freeing up about $1,000 per month.  Now I can pay everything on time and pay my credit card debt down.  I have been really bummed about what the past few years have done to my credit score.  After reading some of the successes on here, I see that your scores can be improved.  My only concern is all the late payments that have posted on my CR the past few years.  Thanks, I look forward to learning and getting my credit back were it should be.

Starting Score: EQ-513 TU-533
Current Score: EQ-513 TU-533
Goal Score: EQ-650 TU-650

New Contributor
750Lady

I am wanting to purchase a home in the near future, preferably before the end of the year.  From what I have read as of recent the 8k tax credit is to end in April.

With the current state of our economy I can't help but be hopeful that the credit will be extended through the end of the year. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I believe this is the second extension for the tax credit.  Some other requirements are also changing.  Sellers will only be allowed to contribute 3% to purchasers closing costs instead of 6%.  Home purchasers will be required to contribute more than 3% to the downpayment, some percentages being tossed around are 10-15%.  Mortgage companies require a credit score 620 or more.  Credit and the availability of funds will be factors in your search for a mortgage and a home. 

2010 Original Goal 750

Starting Score: EQ 1/2010, 699; EXP 12/09, 723; TRANS 11/09, 710
Current Score(Updated from tri-merge mtge 1/21/11): EQ 1/11, 729; EXP 1/11, 759; TRANS 1/11, 731
Goal Score: EQ 12/2011, 800; EXP 12/2011, 800; TRANS 12/2011, 800

m_r_alexander

Thanks for the info...   I am also a vet and have never used my VA loan option.  How will that play into the equation?

Starting Score: EQ 557 TU 624 EX 561 (March 2010)
Current Score: EQ 637 TU 649 EX 670
Goal Score: EQ 775 TU 775 EX 775

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}