UPPEREASTSIDE

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

1. My current scores EQ 599 TU 605

2. Goal 700 for both

3. Pay all credit cards off, GW until my fingers bleed.

Starting Score: EQ 599 TU 605
Current Score: EQ 599 TU 605
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
jhenry896

7/29/2010     EX:588 EQ:573 TU:594

My goal is to have a mid score of 620 by year end.

I am working to get all aged negatives removed and have been approved for two new lines of credit

Starting Score: 566
Current Score: 630

New Visitor
devilbaby13413

I need some help, last month was really hard on my finanices. I got behind on my bills and hours were cut at work. I am trying to pay catch up this month but it not work it feels like I am robbing Peter to pay Paul. My internet, phone, and cable were shut off on me but a close friend let me borrow the money I just have to pay him back, now I owe the bank money because I have over drafted my bank account. My boyfriend doesn't understand because he gets a check at the first of the money and it is gone within a week of getting it. After it is gone he is comes to me looking for more money. He doesn't get that I can't pay my bills and give him money all the time, I only bring home $100 dollars a week from my job. This week I got more hours then I usually get but next week they go back down to nothing. At the end of August I will be getting a new job with better pay and more hours, I am just worried that he will do the same thing that he is doing now when I get this job. If anyone has any advise that could help, I am willing to "listen". Thanks

Established Member
krystal0409

I just signed up for quarterly monitoring tonight and got my TU FICO 542 that is with 4 collections showing and one of those  is a PFD that will be coming off sometime next month that was only showing on TU, I will be doing another PFD on one that I have to save up for it is over 800 and it is on all three of my reports so fingers crossed. I should see a bump up with that one.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 535
Goal Score: 601

Valued Member
UtahTiger

[ Edited ]

Starting Score: TU 630... EQ 630....EX FAKO 637
Current Score: TU 736... EQ 770....EX FACO 779
Goal Score: 760

Established Member
krystal0409

I just got a score watch alert and I am now sitting at 546, not good but I was at 524 at the beginning of July so 22 points in one month I think is a good start I am going to pay down my balances in the next month I only have two credit cards and that is what my score simulator says to do to increase my score.  I have one at 1440/1500 and one at 225/675.

I am going to celebrate my small victory.  On a side note I got a score watch no changes on Friday and now on Sunday my score goes up-I am glad but just curious, I would have thought that changes would have been reported and score changes calculated M-F?

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 535
Goal Score: 601

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

krystal0409 wrote:

...but just curious, I would have thought that changes would have been reported and score changes calculated M-F?

Congrats on the increase. Lots of us would love to see a 20+ point gain. Well done!

Scores can change 24/7. In fact most of my SW alerts have come during the weekend.

divarose1

I've been doing the FICO fitness challenge for a little under a year now and have taken my score from 640 (was even worse a few months before starting) up to 726. My goal was 700...so I'm doing good. Time to set a new goal of 750.

I've primarily gotten this far by doing the following:

• Disputing negatives on my account that were initiated by my ex
  • Waiting for some inquiries to drop off
  • Getting a $200 secured credit card (Orchard Bank), using it every month, and paying it off in full every month (this made a big difference!)

Once my score hit 710 I applied for a few more cards and received:

• Best Buy Mastercard $500 (only checks Equifax)
  • Speigel $500
  • Victoria's Secret $250
  • Macy's $100

I plan to use all four of these cards somewhat regularly and pay them off in full each month. After six months I'm going to request a credit increase. One difficulty with my secured card is that it reports around the 28th of the month, and I make my payments on the 1st of every month. So occasionaly it would show that I had used like 90% of my available credit (even though that was only about $180). This would cause my FICO score to drop down. So, by having more credit available I'm hoping to keep that little FICO dip from happening.

Even though my score is 726 and my Equifax looks good, my TransUnion and Experian have some hits that are working against me. So, I'm hoping to create a consistent payment history with the above accounts for the next 6-months and see if that will improve those reports. My new goals are:

• FICO score of 750
  • $5,000 unsecured credit card
  • More negative history dropping off my reports (especially TU and Ex)

My two biggest recommendations for anyone trying to rebuild their credit are:

1) get a secured credit card, use it, and pay it off in full every month. Make sure it is a card that reports to all three credit agencies (such as Orchard Bank).

2) subscribe to the FICO Score Watch. This has been sooo useful, it keeps me aware of all the activity on my credit report, and even sends me a text message anytime something changes which I think is great!

Thanks for all your support out there in the web world! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: EQ: 709 TU: ??? EX: 590 EXPlus: 644
Goal Score: EQ: 800 TU: 750 EX: 700+

Valued Member
JGeuy

My goal is 750. Once I have my scores up, I will work on my husbands.

The goal is to buy a house in 2010, and face down the demons that prevented us from doing this sooner.  We were hit by job loss in 2007, but have done a lot to recover.

We only have a car payment, which has been current for three years. It's our only debt and will be paid off 04/2011.

These forums have helped a lot- especially the letter templates-  and we have made tons of progress.

Original Starting Score:553
Current Score: TU 658 EQ 658 EX 632
PLAN TO GARDEN FOR ALL OF 2013 !

wefts

I am setting little goals   each few months trying to get up another 10 or so points

today I reached 703     this is a big deal for me my big sis who has never gotten delinquent on any thing asked why is this so important !

new goal is to try for 720 by the end of 2010  if I stay where I am I will stilll be happy

I had a a forclosure and lots of bad debt 14 -15 years ago so this is a very big deal to me. to finnally feel like a good credit risk.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 730

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+