Established Member
shamekapta

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

i was wanting to know how long and what u did to **bleep** frum a 500 to the 800's that is great!!!!

Starting Score: 511 tu,466eq
Current Score: 511,466
Goal Score:700
New Visitor
midnite30

Hi all, I have struggle with negative credit for a while.  I bought a house with my sister and brought it up to 690 but a year and a half later my scores don't show on my fico and I am scared to look at them.  I need to refinance my home and I fear I can not qualify because of my score.  I have two large credit card debts, student loan, too much balance and a slow payment history, back from college days when I was just using the cards in a wrong way.  I want to be fit.  please help.

midnite

laretha

[ Edited ]

My FICO score needs major improvement.  I filed a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy November 2009.  My score went down to about 500.  I have added me as an authorized user on one of my husband's credit cards & I have new student loans on my report.  I would like to have a score close to 700 by next spring...want to apply for a home loan around tax season.  My current scores:  TransUnion 540    Experian  574     Equifax  541.  I have disputed some items with all 3 bureaus.  The FICO Simulator puts my scores from 6 months from now to about 631-651.  A 620 is all I need for a FHA loan, but I want a higher score.  I live in Virginia and am a member of Navy Federal Credit Union.  They only use Equifax scores for loans.  Any suggestions... 

Welcome to the forums!

Edited to fix your siggy.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 551
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Rebuilding_76

Current score EQ: 586

Goal by end of 2010: 600

Plans:  I just paid off both cards and will keep them at 9% or lower.  I'll also keep paying my car loan through Ford Motor Credit on time.

Starting Score: EQ 586 08/26/10
Current Score: EQ 620
Goal Score: EQ 640

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Welcome to all the new members posting here! We're all delighted that you've found us.

For those of you who are asking for help, this particular thread isn't really meant to help out with individual issues. It's more to say, here I am, I've had some struggles in the past, and here's where I hope and plan to be.

Since I see a pattern of "here's what happened to me, here's what's on my reports, what should I do??", let me suggest that you post your score goals etc here, and then start a new thread on one of the boards that discuss these topics.

If your credit card debt is terrifying, and you want some ideas on how to get it down, start a new post on Credit Cards.

If you are baffled as to why your scores aren't higher (or lower, lol), start a new post on Understanding FICO Scoring.

If your credit is in shambles, and you don't know where to begin recovering, start a new post on Rebuilding Your Credit.

If divorce is threatening to destroy your personal credit, start a new post on Divorce and Your Credit.

Bankruptcy issues? Start a new post on Bankruptcy.

And so forth. Before posting, check out the "stickied" threads, those posted at the top of each board. There's a lot of useful info in those.

To start your own thread, all you have to do is go to the board that deals with your situation, click the dark blue button on the upper right that says "New Message", and start posting away. On some boards, like this one, the dark blue button is greyed out. That means that you can't start a new thread on that particular board.

For starting a new thread somewhere, here's what you're looking for, using the Rebuilding board as an example:

255iD006000375C251FA

I hope this helps you get the support and info that you need. We think we're a pretty friendly group of people here, and we've all benefited from one another's experiences. Looking forward to seeing you on the forums! :smileyhappy:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
fused

[ Edited ]
Contributor
Alexandria

UPDATE:

car loan hit 3 years and another CC reported a $0 balance! score jumped from 665 to 679! :smileyvery-happy:

Starting Score: 626 (July '10)
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 720

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Very nice, Alexandria!!!!

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

spadedevil

Finally Bankruptcy fell off.  Credit score went up 20 points.  Slowly moving up.  Now to pay down these credit card balances.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score (2/22/11):619
Score - 11/24/10:584
Score - 8/28/10:584
Goal Score: 650

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

spadedevil wrote:

Finally Bankruptcy fell off.  Credit score went up 20 points.  Slowly moving up.  Now to pay down these credit card balances.

You can do it. Just don't give up.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+