Contributor
thearmofbarlow

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

I'm up for it. Currently sitting at 697 EQ. No idea how high I'll be able to push it this year. I'll make 750+ my goal.

Starting Score: 652 - 10/09
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
leeannr17

Okay, I am very embarrassed to say that my current FICO score as of today, January 20th is TU-522, and EQ-510.  I am very uneducated about credit...I am 25 and my parents never instilled strong money habits/spending and saving habits, etc.  So I am teaching myself and it's been tough.  I have 1 credit card that is in good standing and a department card that I guess is still in good standing...I forgot to make a payment 2 months ago, so now it shows that I paid 30 days late.  I have no credit card debt, so I guess that's a good thing!

I owe to quite a few collections accounts...4 are to hospital bills, and one is an unpaid cable bill.

According to myFICO summary by Suze Orman, What's hurting me most is my length of credit and ammont of credit inquiries.

Honestly I am not sure of a good goal and was hoping to get some of advice from those of you with high scores.  My big goal is to buy my first home either by the end of this year or sometime next year.

I plan on paying all my bills on time and using and paying my credit card off each month.  As far as length of time of credit, I guess I will keep the ontime payments up and hope that time is on my side cause I guess there's not much I can do as far as how long I've had credit.

I would like to be over 600 as fast as possible.  Do you think this is a realistic goal, and what else do you think I should do to obtain a high score?  

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT READ THIS AND I AM OPEN TO ALL CRITICISM AS LONG AS IT IS CONSTRUCTIVE!:

Starting Score: 510
Current Score: 594
Goal Score: 625

Frequent Contributor
Kiwill

[ Edited ]

My goal for 2010 is to ride into the 700 club on cruise control [see my current scores below].  I currently have my only two derogs due to fall off all CBR's by November-2010, I will mail my letters out no later than October 25th[hopefully they will fall off automatically before then] so that by time the 1st of November comes, they should be deleted!  In addition to that, my most recent account would have met the 1yr. anniversary and all my inquiries will be at least 12mos. AND my overall utility should be around 15-20%.  I'm proud to report that i've increased my available credit already this year to $2,100 in CLI's plus about $1,500 in paying back balances. 

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!

Message Edited by Kiwill on 01-20-2010 12:39 PM

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

leeannr17 wrote:

Okay, I am very embarrassed to say that my current FICO score as of today, January 20th is TU-522, and EQ-510.  .....

I would like to be over 600 as fast as possible.  Do you think this is a realistic goal, and what else do you think I should do to obtain a high score?  

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT READ THIS AND I AM OPEN TO ALL CRITICISM AS LONG AS IT IS CONSTRUCTIVE!:

Welcome to the forums! I'd suggest posting any questions about cleaning up your credit over in the Rebuilding Your Credit section. There's a great bunch of folks there who have been through the trenches of repair, are a great resource, and are very friendly.

I started here just over 2 yrs ago with a TU FICO of 524 and an EQ FICO of 550 or so. Within a month or two, and with advice from this forum and aggressive debt paydown, letter writing, etc., I was able to get my scores into the 600s. Possible? You bet.

Regular Contributor
heatherskib

Thanks, Ms.Kiwi.  It'll be a challenge, but we're up for it. :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
athensguy

750Lady wrote:

What were your strategies for obtaining this score? 

If you are asking me, I just opened CCs and car loans as I wanted them and never missed any payments. Now I have a relatively new mortgage and one new CC in the last two years. My two oldest accounts are 12 now, but they're both going to fall off in the next year or so, so I might take a hit. My util is very low, and only two or three of my 9 reporting CCs shows a balance at once.
Valued Member
key2me12

My goal for 2010 is to get my credit scores to at least 700,  to pay down my debt to about 10% ult, also to buy a new car at the end of the year. My current score is eq 627 and tu 607. I will not be using my tax refund to pay down, because I have to pay in. So a firm budget so do me good.

Starting Score: 12/15/09- EU=627
Current Score: EQ=650 TU=--640
Goal Score: 12/31/10-EU=700

Regular Contributor
hyprble

[ Edited ]

1. My goal is to reach over 720 by June 2010 and 750 by December 2010

2. My current score is 717 which is a long way from the 500s I had in 2004!

3. Large CC debt is the only thing hurting my credit score, so my plans to tackle that debt are to funnel as much as I can into my highest APR card while transferring what I can into a lower APR/no balance transfer fee CU card as I pay down the CU card and more credit opens up.  Once my score is in the higher 700s, I plan on applying for a debt consolidation loan to zap out the highest APR card once and for all so I can save even more in interest and make a bigger dent in payments each month!

Message Edited by hyprble on 01-21-2010 04:40 PM

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 775

Regular Contributor
benben7

[ Edited ]

1. My goal is to get my FICO score up to 735 in if not over. I began repairing my credit in April 2009. My scores was in the high 500's.

2. I have 2 tax liens that need to be paid.

3. My goal for 2010 is also to be able to buy a townhouse and/or condo.

4. Getting a car loan with a good rate.

5. Getting a credit card with a good limit at a good rate. I currently have one. My utilization is 7%. 

Game plan:

I only have 9 items on my credit report. 3 are current, 6 are baddies. 3 are due to fall off this year if I do nothing, however I am working on all 6 to see them fall off early. I will looking to expand my mix of credit. 

Message Edited by benben7 on 01-22-2010 08:57 AM

Message Edited by benben7 on 01-22-2010 09:13 AM

Starting Score: TU 675 EX 643
Current Score: TU 702 EX 677
Goal Score: TU 730 EX 730

Contributor
Danique

[ Edited ]

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2010: To have an 800 FICO score for all CRA

2.  Your current FICO score(s): TU-667 and EQ 673. EX was 692 last I checked (with CU) but I suspect it fell victim to Xmas and is now about 680.

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal: Curb my apping appetite. Pay down my debt. Take advantage of all CLIs.

I also plan to get a newer car and own my first home by the end of 2010. With all the great advice I have received here, I know I will meet all of my goals.

Message Edited by Danique on 01-28-2010 09:56 PM

Starting Score : TU: 667-- EQ: 673
Current Score : TU: 644-- EQ: 645
Goal Score : TU: 800-- EQ: 800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+