New Visitor
sweetriva

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

I am ready for 2010 to be a better year than last year!

My current FICO score: to embarassed to share

My goal: is to get it in the 600s

What I am going to do about it: work on having accounts updated and negative posting on report removed.

Established Contributor
demi

[ Edited ]

bigtim...thanks.  I realize creditkarma is in no way an accurate reflection of TU...but I do run a few times a week, if there is a substantial dip or increase I will then run TU....my understanding (and may be wrong) is that it is based on TU to some extent...there was a thread way back about soft hits on TU by creditkarma.  I have just been trying to minimize my spending on reports...so trying to limit to 3 to 4 times a year.

In any case, yes, my score on CK has been running more than TU's...and since I have run up some charges in the past few months, not really anxious to rerun and pay for TU...I plan on purchasing both around the beginning of March.

Message Edited by demi on 01-11-2010 02:31 PM

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Visitor
devilbaby13413

My goal for my fico score at the end of 2010 is to get it to 600.

My fico score right now is 507.

My plan is to pay off some of the past debt on my credit report.

I am also going to get a secured credit card through my bank but only use it in emergencies.

credit_killer

I would like to raise dh's credit score to a 640, and mine to the same.

Currently DH's scores are EX. 577, EQ 596, TU 634

Mine are currently EX. 530, EQ 499, TU 564

I plan on paying off all our debt, not applying for any new loans and obtaining a secured credit card for me (already got one for dh). 

Regular Contributor
FocusOnFICO

This is an excellent activity.

My goals are to have both EQ and TU over 800 by the end of 2010.

My current scores are 766 and 786.

I credit-hunted in 2009 to offset the banks' upcoming actions and am credit-gardening now.  I expect that quiet patience will get me there.

Good luck to everyone!

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Regular Contributor
Client9

My main goals are to have all scores above 800 and get my AMEX back

Current FICO score(s) are TU 734 and EQ 784

1) I just bought a house, but it was long a process (10 months) going with different mortgage people and taking dings in the inquiry department.  I have one falling off in April, another in May and another in June.  All inquiries will be one year old in September, so that should help some.  So no more applying.  2) I have a public record on my TU report.  It is paid, I just need to show that it paid and have that stop reporting.

Valued Member
dawsonmel

My current EX score is 611. My goal is 700 by 2011. I have 3 negs dropping off in Oct. 3 that I am fighting now. NO credit card debt. 2 student loans deferred. I am debating over paying off one of the student loans this year or buying a house. Any suggestions?
Established Member
daddyaddy

[ Edited ]

For 2010, I would like to raise my scores into the high 700s.

My scores are:

TU: 684

EX: 695

EQ: 641

I have a bankruptcy (from 10/2005) and 6 paid medical collections (from 9/2007) as derogs on my report. Today I sent my first GW letter to the collection agency who is reporting the medical collections. If that doesn't work, I'm going to send a GW letter to the CEO, whose name I found on Google. If that doesn't work, I'll revise both letters and resend monthly.

A week ago I got a CLI from HSBC for $200, totalling $1100 available credit.

Today I applied for and got a local credit union's visa (for 8.99 percent APR!) with a $1500 credit limit.

I'm keeping my utilization between 1%-9%.

Do you think my goal of high 700s is realistic for 2010?

Message Edited by daddyaddy on 01-25-2010 08:14 AM
Current Scores:
TU FICO- 740 - 10/12

EQ FICO- 713 - 10/12

EX - No idea...

CK FAKO - 693

Starting Scores:
TU - 684 - 1/11/10

EX - 695 - 1/11/10

EQ - 641 - 1/11/10
Frequent Contributor
tonsers

My current scores are 761-768 EQ/TU.

My goals for 2010 are 780 and above.  They have been close to this with both bureaus already.

My plan is to keep utilization down and to pay down car loan.  Hopefully my scores will be as high as possible when I'm ready to take on a mortgage!

Contributor
LadyBlueQ

[ Edited ]

sweetriva wrote:

I am ready for 2010 to be a better year than last year!

My current FICO score: to embarassed to share

My goal: is to get it in the 600s

What I am going to do about it: work on having accounts updated and negative posting on report removed.

My current FICO score is embarassing as well.  I share the same goal and have seven accounts listed.  One is a paid car loan.  I am (1) working to get the high debt, late paying Discover TL off my TU.  I was listed as an AU on my mom's card and then she had two late payments.  Never used the card; originally she thought it would help me raise my credit as it was in perfect standing before. (2) I am going to pay down my two small CCs so that my utilzation is below 10%; (3) PFD letter to AFNI *crossing fingers* (4) PFD to Seventh Avenue, plan on contacting the big wigs via Swiss Colony and (5) wear down Sallie Mae with monthly GW requests and hope for the best.

I also have a SW Student Services TL reporting latenesses but the debt was sold to Sallie Mae.  Any advice?

Luckily EX, my most troublesome report, is not reporting on FICO or my score would be even lower!

Message Edited by LadyBlueQ on 01-13-2010 03:49 PM

Starting Score 1/1/10: TU: 495 EQ: 597
Current Score 9/20/10: TU: 634 EQ: 673
Goal Score 6/1/10: TU: 600+ EQ: 650+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+