Valued Member
dawsonmel

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge!

I just got some great information regarding writing good will letters. I am going to start doing that too! :smileyvery-happy:

Valued Member
dawsonmel

Hey slam dunk. Did you run into any obstacles finding financing with a score of 620? Did you have to put down a larger down payment? Buy Points etc? Not to get all up in your business. Mine is 611 and I am interested in purchasing.
Valued Contributor
Guardian

[ Edited ]

I have been hitting the 3 bureaus pretty hard for a few months now and I have seen a remarkable increase in resistent-lacking deletions coming from them. The legal analysts that we have talked with believe it to be due to the pending class action lawsuit and by removing them (right or not) they reduce the evidence of their violations when it comes to the punitive stage, so people might step up their disputes a bit. The most active seems to be Trans Union but even the relentless Experian has been deleting more than they would ever normally do. The rate has jumped nearly 300% according to a law firm we deal with, it is unheard of and the belief is the result of the case and not sure how long this will be done or to what extent but wanted to share in case people want to take a crack at it. If you succeed though, let me know and at least I know I helped.

PS: I will post more recent FICO scores (all 3 of them, including the no longer Experian) because I will be getting them through a lender who gets all 3 scores, so I will post/update my current score on the challenge in my sig as soon as I have them. The numbers are much higher if not at/or above the goal I have set for myself but put the numbers I had last for the time being.

Message Edited by Guardian on 01-13-2010 04:34 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

New Contributor
cajunboy2208

Yep, time to get back on track.

I had it rough the past few months. Maxed out all of my cards. =(

And I am selling one vechile. Hopefully this year I can start saving and get to my goal!

Starting Score: 577 01/10/2010
Current Score: 660 07/06/2012
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
keith021

1.  I would like an Equifax FICO score of at least 700 by June, and at least a score of 740 by December.

2. My current Equifax FICO score is: 665

3. In order for me to reach my goals, I plan on not applying for any new credit and get my utilization at 10% or below. My current utilization is about 30%. 

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Valued Contributor
Guardian

There was a questions asked through PM which I found was a good one and might possibly be on the minds of others. So just in case, I am going to post the link for the lawsuit website. Those of you who have gotten the legally required post card, you already know but for others who have not, here is the link: White, et al. v. Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Settlement Website

As many might know, when a class action lawsuit is filed, the court requires that the party being sued to reasonably notify each member of the class. This is why we get those little post cards, like from Apple for the screen scratch thing, NetworkSolutions for the price fixing, etc) and usually you can fill it to get whatever nugget they finally approve or decline and file on your own or join the suite as a principle (the person who actually did the suing) and/or in many cases today they will send you to a website (like the one above) to file your claim and submit your choices. These are required so that the public has a reasonable notification of what might be affecting their rights, so these websites include the court documents, summaries, forms, contact information and pretty much anything you need to know about the case.

I had already responded to the PM but I hope this has been helpful shared in the open thread. If you still need help finding stuff or getting to something, let me know here or on PM and I will do my best to help.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Contributor
T_C

1. My goal in 2010 is to get to 650 (at least)

2. My current scores are TU-617 and EQ-613

3. I plan on paying off all my credit card debt, getting a secured card and keeping the util low, pay off and get the last few collection accounts removed from my reports and start the road to being completely debt free.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 617
Goal Score: 650

New Contributor
lhova2000

My Goal for 2010 is to be in the 700+ club.  The year 2009 was an awakening for me

and I started diligently working on my credit score which when I started back in Feb09 were in the

mid 500's and currently my scores are

EQ 655

TU 655

Prior to 2009 I didn't really realize how important credit is. I bought an Acura 4 years ago when my credit was horrible (low 500s) and I was just happy to get approved with a co-signer. I didn't realize though how much a 6 year term at 16% would hurt :smileysad: When the car started giving me problems and I was ready to trade it in I had so much negative equity that I would have to roll over 5k into the new car and if the rates were similar to when I got my Acura I knew I was in trouble.. The good thing about myfico and the forums is that I got a lot of valuable information to help build my credit. I was able to get collection accounts removed by PFD and I also learned about CC util so after 8 months of hard work I got my scores to the mid 650's and was approved for a Certified BMW at 1.9%!  As you could imagine I was very happy. Now i'm so **bleep** about my credit that I check for updates everyday lol. I brought my 1 CC util to 0% got a new Walmart CC to bulk up my file a little and the only thing holding my scores back now is a SL that was in default which is reporting twice (the original lender 0 balance 120+ days past due and the CA $9300 balance 120+ days past due, which both are over a year old)  I finished my rehab with the SL and they said that they would delete the Negs but I'm not sure if they meant just on the CA filing the Original Lender or both! I really hope both :smileyhappy:  I'm hoping that if both are removed and since they are the only Negs on my CR I will reach the 700+ Club. At the least I hope that from them deleting the CA and showing that my SL is now current I wll be close to 700. Wish me luck and let me know if anyone else has any experience with the Rehab Program.

EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Established Contributor
gigi5

I'm in!

Although I'm more than ready to close on my house so this may ding me a bit.  My FICO Goal for 2010 is to be well into the 700 club.  My current score are;  TU 630 EX 685 EQ 614.  (all lender pulls)  

I pay both credit cards off every month and let a dollar or two report on one. 

I have relentlessly got over 28 baddies removed (Yes 28) and I am still trying to get HSBC to remove the two charge offs, although while giving my credit reports a good scanning I noticed that TU listed a drop off date for 3/2010 for one and 4/2011 for the other.  EX only list one with no drop off date and EQ list the drop of as 9/2011. 

I would also love to say GoodBye to First Premier and Continental Finance.  I would love to trade up to two good cards with a higher Credit limit and no crazy fees(CF charges 18.00 per month as a card holder fee:smileymad:) I'm so over both of them but, they have reported every month and my credit has increased over 200 points!

I know my goals seem lofty but...I'm not just wishing I'm working on it.

Starting Score: 685
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 750

klimtmuse

Hi Gigi5,

You mentioned getting over 28 baddies removed. Could you explain to me what you did? How do I go about that? I thought that you could request a removal if you just got a NEW item added to your CR. Most of my baddies are from years ago and only one of them still has a balance left.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. I understand about Continental Finance and First Premier too.

Best on your goals,

klimtmuse

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+