Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011!

indiasnowden wrote:

Oh, live within my means (constant struggle) which ties into my journey to live the simple life and be happy with less.  Marry George Clooney.

Look forward to seeing the wedding pictures. :smileyvery-happy:

marinevietvet wrote:

At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you need to look for their "Score Watch" product.

You are sure there's no FICO at EQ w/o SW? :smileytongue:

Are you living within your means?
Frequent Contributor
JagerBombs89

Below are my current scores and my goal scores.  I have <1% overall utilization, and no more that 5% individual utilization.  Mix of credit is good and the only thing I think that can help me is letting all my accounts age and not rack up any more debt.  History: 3.2 years  AAoA: just shy of 2 years.

Starting Score: EQ 740  TU 757

Goal Score: 780

740girl

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011:

740 with all 3 bureaus

2.  Your current FICO score(s):

672 EQ (myfico.com)

663 EX (identity guard)

594 TU (identity guard)

Have some items in dispute with TU so after resolved with order TU Fico Score from myfico for more accuracy.

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal:

Re-establish good credit and payment history and increase credit score. I currently have no loans nor any revolving credit accounts and haven't had any in over 7 years. But unfortunately have to purchase a vehicle now because my 98 Honda Civic is no longer reliable and must go. I know it's going to take some careful planning, but thank goodness I started cleaning up my credit report last October. I knew I would need to purchase a car this year and would need financing, but didn't think I would have to till late Spring or Summer. So while my scores are not where I would like them to be, more specifically TU, to get a decent interest rate, they are a lot better than what they were. Also glad that while I have negatives on all 3 credit reports, they are all paid as agreed and not derogatory.

Starting Score: EQ 672, EX 663?, TU 594? (1/8/2011)
Current Score: EQ 672, EX 663, TU 594 (1/8/2011)
Goal Score: 740 all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
MarineVietVet

my-own-fico wrote:

You are sure there's no FICO at EQ w/o SW? :smileytongue:

I'm not 100% sure about anything but if you can find out how to do that please let the rest of us know. It would save money not having to subscribe to SW.

There was a recent discussion about this here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Credit-Score-scam/td-p/810924.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

I'll pull my EQ next weekend and will let you know then in the other thread.

How does the money come in? You don't simply use myFICO for your EQ?

Are you living within your means?
MarineVietVet

my-own-fico wrote:

I'll pull my EQ next weekend and will let you know then in the other thread.

How does the money come in? You don't simply use myFICO for your EQ?

Are you speaking to me or someone else?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Frequent Contributor
elaine829

MY 2011 Fico Fitness challenge is to havea  fico score across the board with 725 by the end of 2011. Im not sure how to get the siggy.

1. My EQUIFAX is 652 due to high utilization and 2 open accounts in December that I really didn't need. Was 672 before that. I know when discover card hit my report it dropped it 20 points.

2. TU score 660 last time I check it was when I got the score from this site free.

Hopefully I can keep with my goals and pay down my balances and don't app for anything until 2012. Which I still have a few baddies on my transunion and experian will drop off. MY equifax is basically clean except for a chargeoff from Victoria secret from 05 which has a 0 balance on it. 

Regular Contributor
RHAL

Pay off my closed accounts and get an amex before the end of the year.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Established Member
OhWejo

[ Edited ]

1.  My Fico Score goal for 2011 is to be at 750 in a 3 bureaus.
2.  My Current Scores are as follows
     Equifax 574
     TransUnion 600
     Experian FAKO 606
3.  I will be achieiving this goal by continuing to pay off my debts on time, keeping my credit to debt ratio low and may consider opening up a new line of credit.
I look forward to taking this challenge with all of you!  Good luck!  I know we can do it!
Wejo

Starting Score: EQ 563 TU 523 EX FAKO 573
Current Score: EQ 601 TU 633 EX FAKO 606
Goal Score: EQ 750 TU 750 EX FAKO 750

New Visitor
gunslingerswife

I'm new to all of this, but here goes:

I'm going to school, my husband (and 3 kids at home) are living on one income, and the debt has piled up. However, things are looking up. We paid off our last vehicle recently, our credit management company bill will be paid off around the time I graduate (2012) and other things are looking up: husband is about to be promoted, so his salary will raise and we just starting receiving unexpected income each month of nearly $1,000....so I expect some big changes in our credit this year. Of course, we have a LONG way to go. Our current scores are only around 500. (Boo!!) We want to build a home in the summer or fall of 2012, and everything (other than student loans) should be paid off by then, with only our current mortgage. 

My goal this year: 600s! Is that do-able in one year?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}