Frequent Contributor
lessismore2014

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011!

To take the challenge, tell us: 

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011: TransUnion 780  Equifax 750 Experian 700

2.  Your current FICO score(s): TransUnion 752  Equifax 702 Experian 640

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal:

-------Keep paying bills on time

-------no more applications- let the ones I already have age.

MarineVietVet

Mommieof3 wrote:

1. 600

2. EQ: 512/ TU: 516

3: fixing the negative factors and working on better habits

I am new to this credit situation and I would really like to increase my score to help better my future for myself and my children so that I can teach them how to better themselves from the beginning and not before it becomes to late.

So, I would like any suggestions....

Hello Mommieof3 and welcome to the forums.

Another thing you can do is go to Rebuilding Your Credit and start a new thread with details of your situation and you'll get lots of advice and suggestions. For that matter you can look at all the boards and visit wherever you think might be helpful.

All the information available here can be somewhat overwhelming at first but take your time and read and research and ask questions and you'll get up to speed quickly enough.

I'm glad you found our little community.  :smileyhappy:

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

youreapproved

I am so happy to have found this site and look forward to the 2011 challenge!

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011.  700 club across the board.

2.  Your current FICO score(s):  TU 640, EQ 620, EX ?

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal:  Conitunue with ontime payments on current debt/loans and open new (secured) revolving account since currently none.  Write GW letters for 2 old CAs.

New Contributor
LS1

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011.  700 with each CRA

2.  Your current FICO score(s):  As of 1/4/11 - TU 652 EQ 658 EZ N/A

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal:  'Garden' the new credit lines I opened up the last few months of 2010.  Keep balance's low and paid on time.  I need someone to help remove the 'Apply' button from my browser to keep me from app'ing for the rest of the year :smileyvery-happy:.

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
NewMe2Too

It may be better to keep the credit card accounts but zero out the debt, instead of closing the accounts. 

johnmacc

I'm all in. This is my first post. I am ready for the challenge.

Starting Score: 800
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

New Contributor
helaurin

My goal is get all three scores in the 700+ range. 

Started on 11/12/2010 with scores of 688, 690 and 725.

Today's scores (1/13/2011) are scores of 766, 710 and 650.

And I just found out that I missed a payment last week when I was in the hospital, so we'll see how bad that hurts.

Starting Score: 2014 775
Current Score: 822
Goal Score: 840

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
MarineVietVet

helaurin wrote:

My goal is get all three scores in the 700+ range. 

Started on 11/12/2010 with scores of 688, 690 and 725.

Today's scores (1/13/2011) are scores of 766, 710 and 650.

And I just found out that I missed a payment last week when I was in the hospital, so we'll see how bad that hurts.

This won't show on your reports unless it's more than 30 days past due. Late payment fees will probably be charged though.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

marinevietvet wrote:

helaurin wrote:

This won't show on your reports unless it's more than 30 days past due. Late payment fees will probably be charged though.

Good point!  Helaurin, if you were in the hospital, consider contacting the creditor immediately and explain.  They may be willing to reverse any late fees and/or the reporting of the late even on internal records.  And I hope all things that brought you to the hospital are on the mend and doing fine.

This, believe it or not, is one of the reasons I pay my bills early and/or have them on auto payments.....JIC!  Kinda like when your mom told you to wear clean undies everyday....JIC.  I do it JIC my computer is down, JIC I forget, JIC I'm in the ER, JIC my brain cell warps, JIC I spend the money on something else absent-mindedly.  Mostly because I've had things happen before and now I find I tend to pay early JIC. 

In Liz Pulliam Weston's book, "Easy Money," one thing she covers is making the budget and bill paying "as simple as possible and as automatic as possible -- the book has completely left behind the old check register system and enthusiastically endorses online banking and automatic bill pay as much as and wherever possible (and she reminds us that it is possible with so many banks that you really should just find one that lets you do what you need)." 

After resisting this technique (I'm getting old enough where I find I sometimes hate to change things up), I've adapted her system - I think she's on to something.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Established Member
mabsy

To take the challenge, tell us: 

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011 - to have all 3 credit reports be solidly and consistently in the700's.

2.  Your current FICO score(s) - as of this week - TU687 and EQ666

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal - continue to pay attention to my credit!  I have built my credit to a few installment loans and a few credit cards.  Now comes the time to work on balancing use, on-time payments, and giving my credit time to mature. 

Starting Score: TU687/EQ666
Current Score: TU707/EQ676(4/12/11
Goal Score: solidly700s

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}