01-15-2011 09:23 PM
1. Goal - TU-720 EQ-750
2. Current- TU-655 EQ-701
3. Steps to Achieve- Lower utilization, continuing to pay on time, no more inquiries for the year, trying to GW citibank and target
01-17-2011 04:23 AM - last edited on 01-17-2011 04:58 AM by llecs
Belated Happy New Yerar to you and hope that it will bring lots of joy, happines and peace.
Thanks for the offer of free score and challenge of 2011. Keep me posted with your advices and help to have better score.
Edited to remove personal information. - llecs, myFICO moderator
01-17-2011 09:06 AM - last edited on 01-17-2011 12:10 PM by beamMEup
To take the challenge, tell us:
1. My goal is 650. I don't think it's too unrealistic because I'm hitting the ground running.
2. 491, last I checked, in late 2010
3. Well, a LOT of what is on my credit report are errors. Lots and lots of errors. So I'm going to dispute those. I'll be sending letters to everyone asking them to remove negatives, too. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a try.
rustbelt: Welcome to the forums - glad you're here.
A portion of your post has been edited because it's against the Terms of Service and User Guidelines to discuss unethical methods of dealing with your credit, including disputing accurate information in an effort to have it removed. There are lots of helpful posts in the Rebuilding Your Credit forum that I hope you find helpful.
01-17-2011 09:16 AM - edited 01-17-2011 09:17 AM
1. I would like to be above 740 on all three.
2. My current FICO's are all around 680 to 695.
3. Use my tax return to pay off all the CC debt I was carrying, keep utilization low, and only one more app for the entire year (BofA Accelerated Cash Amex).
01-17-2011 11:56 AM
My new goal is posted in my siggy below. I've raised my goal from last year, 750, to 800. I've had much improvement in my scores and am still learning the fine points of credit management. My debt is way down, I have to improve my utilization (which is way down), and work on preparing to pay my school loans. Right now I'm in the midst of refinancing my primary residence where the payment will almost be $200 lower. In order to complete this I have to get the bureaus and credits to remove comments I placed on the report, issues were resolved, but the comments were not removed. I hope this works out; it will help a lot.
Thanks everyone on the Board for all your help.
Barry, how do I send you a personal msg for a free Equifax score?
01-17-2011 08:28 PM
1. Your FICO score goal for 2011 -- 725
2. Your current FICO score(s) -- EQ: 663 (01/12/2011) - TU: 703 (01/02/2011) - EX: 680 (FAKO) 01/17/2011)
3. The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal -- Pay bills on time (as I have been doing) for the next 12 months and keep revolving credit balances low.
01-18-2011 02:56 AM - edited 01-18-2011 02:59 AM
So, I feel like 2011 is going to be a great year... I recently had 2 negetive items deleted from my reports because they were not my debt. YAY I also had 2 paid in full... Charged off CC'S deleted. I have many utilities still in collections and am trying to work a PFD with them as well. I am going to try th OC as I didn't know before reading these forums many utilities will still accept payment and have all neg's deleted. I never had financially fit parents or anyone to show me how credit worked. I had good credit until I was about 20, but that quickly changed. I had cosigned for 2 relatives to get apartments and also co-signed for cell phones etc. Let's just say, things went south when everything started rolling in. The apartment complexes never informed me of late rent or an eviction, etc. I thought my cousins still lived on their own. Nope, moved back home with parents and I was left to clean up the mess. I was overwhelmed and let everything hit the bricks. I am making good money now by running my own business and I also have a full-time night job. I am on the warpath and am going to clean everything up. I have had relatively good success. I have several secured accounts in good standing, no lates and a student loan with no lates. I can do this and so can you. Good luck every one. 2011 is going to be a great year!!!!
Starting score: TU 422, EQ 406, EX fako 435
Current Score: TU 568, EQ 522, EX fako 565
GOAL: 700+ On all 3
01-18-2011 11:49 AM
My Goal is to have my FICO score at 700 by the end of the year.
My current FICO Score is 611 as of 01-0-11
I need to pay down some debt about 20% of my totaling $10,000
Remove some late payments over 6 years old possibly goodwill letters
Work with Wells Fargo Home Equity on a charge off item that I’m currently paying on.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.