NickTsGTP

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011!

1.  Your FICO score goal for 2011 - At least 640

2.  Your current FICO score(s) - Equifax is 500

3.  The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal - Make payments on time, keep revolving debt low, and pay off collections.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
tslion26

1.  My goal scores for 2011 is to join the 800 club

2.  Current scores are EQ: 760 TU: ?? EX: ??

3.  Plans include to keep utilization low. Do not have new accounts  until December 2011.

Starting Score: 761
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

New Visitor
Nanilani63

FICO FITNESS CHALLENGE FOR 2011!!!
 Starting Score: 648
 Current Score: 648
 Goal Score: 700
I plan on improving my score by paying on time and reducing my credit card debt. I am also going to pay off my car in a few short weeks!!

Joyce

My Goal: 525

Current: 405 on all three

Steps: pay credit cards on time; get student loans current.

EQ 470
TU 540
EX 521
jrwall1

Greetings All

1.  Goal score for 2011 is at least 750 for all 3 bureaus

2.  Current scores are TU 665 and 661 EQ (Nov 2010)

3.  Make payments on time, no new debt unless necessary and continue to pay down student loans

Had a rough patch in late 2006 - early 2007,(lost full time job and had to go part-time until finding full time again) numerous late payments on 9 accounts during this timeframe and I have had a clean payment record for the last 4 years.  Have paid off 4 of these accounts and have written GW letters (Feb 2011) to try to see if they will remove negative payments (waiting on reply).   Currently have all current accounts on automatic payments and am tracking with a spreadsheet.

Starting Score: TU 665
Current Score: TU 718 EQ 663 EX 671
Goal Score: TU 750 EQ 750 EX 750

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

[ Edited ]

Ok so heres where it started.......

I had 4 negative listing on my reports, one was a Charge Off, 3 Collections, I decided it was time to do something about it!! I called the phone number listed next to one of the collections, turns out it was from 2004, it was an auto insurance company who reported I failed to make a 100$ payment, I spoke to a Supervisor of the company who was not really able to tell me anything about the acct......skip forward about 7 months, I pulled my report again and that negative listing was gone?? I was surprised, I guess the call I made must have made that company feel like they did not have accurate info to keep it on my report and had it removed, I really dont know.

Second collection acct I had was for a CC from back in 2005, I called the collection agency (LVNV Funding) and arranged a settlement, balance was like 566$, settled for 200$ I payed that and the collection agency reported to the 3 credit bureaus "Settled for less than owed" which still showed as negative.

Third collection was from Aarons Rent who sold the acct. to Portfolio Recovery, I called them and asked for a settlement, balance was 2,000$ I settled with them for 1,000......I'm still paying them monthly, and for some reason they removed it from my report even tho I'm still paying them, a GOOD thing tho, I hope they leave it off even once I'm finished paying them.

And now the Charge Off, it was an HSBC CC, turns out it was the same acct that I had settled with the collection agency (LVNV) for 200$, HSBC sold it to the collection agency and I did not even know it was the same acct.

In Dec 2010 I hired a   Law Firm, I had two negatives at that time, the HSBC Charge Off and the LVNV settlement (that I did not feel were accurate) right after hiring the law firm they sent out dispute letters to all 3 Credit Bureaus and to the two negative listing sources, by Jan 6th I received an Email from the law firm stating they noticed one negative listing removed from TU and EX and about 17 days later one from EQ, it was the settlement listing, so as of now I have 1 negative listing left, the Charge Off, and they are working on that for me.

My Credit Score as of Nov. last year was a 583 Plus score for EX, I been a Member of FCR.com for over two years......I applied for a Cap One CC back in June 2010 and was approved, Applied for another Cap One Card in Sep and was approved, Applied for an Discover Card in Dec and was denied but was offered a card from HSBC LOL and was approved, I have a PayPal acct. and was offered a PayPal smart Connect card, so I applied and was approved (also in Dec 2010) yes I have a lot of "New Debt" which is bad, but as of Dec 2010 before I hired the law firm my EX Plus score went from a 583 to a 664, then that settlement listing was removed and my Plus score went to 716, so I purchased my TU and EQ scores and reports from MyFICO Jan 30th or so and my TU Fico was 694 and my EQ Fico was 681 (my Equafax report has 15 hard inquries on it, thats prolly why it did not go up as much) I have all the same info on all three reports with the exception of an installment loan on my Equifax report (Car loan).

I want to make it clear that I felt that the HSBC and the Collection listing on my reports were not accurate, I do not remember ever having the HSBC CC. I am not trying to have accurate info removed.

to be continued......

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

[ Edited ]

continued.....

At my Free Credit Report.com acct. I pulled a three bureau report around Jan 30th as well to see how far off my Plus score were off from my Fico scores, at FCR.com it showed my EQ Plus score a 702 and my TU Plus score a 702, only 7 points off my true TU Fico score and 21 points off my true Fico EQ score, so I'm hoping that my EX Plus score of 716 is only off by 7-25 points.

So having said all that, I went from a 583 to close to a 700 all across the board in like 4 months.

I want to note that I have a revolving credit balance of 1,900 and at the time I pulled my EQ and TU reports and scores Jan 30th 2011, I owed 834 so my ulitization ratio was a bit high, I payed 501$ of that debt down in Jan and using the "Score Simulator" at MyFICO by the time my CC companies report the new balances to the 3 bureaus, according to the "Score Simulator" my TU score will go between 702-744 and my EQ score will go to 721-766 and I have no idea what my EX score will go to.

I hope that the Charge Off listing will be removed from my reports and I'll keep my debt down below 10% every month I should be able to maintain a good score and as time goes by and my payment history lengthens I should be able to reach my goal of 775's across the board.

Have a Great day!!

Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's

Frequent Contributor
NICKI183

it seems that you have done well for yourself regarding the credit score increase. So you found hiring the Lexington Law Firm to be helpful in decreasing the flaws on your report?  I hope to have that success one day. 

Current FICO scores: Mid 500's (5/27/14)
Current FICO score: 590 (10/27/14
Cap One: QuickSilver ($750), Journey($500), CapOne ($500) Secured USSA-AMEX ($550), Secured Discover IT ($200), Target ($500), Merrick Bank ($600), Fingerhut ($660)
Subprime: First Premier x2, Emblem Bank, Merrick Bank
Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

[ Edited ]

Well, like I said I hired them on Dec 23 I believe it was, I payed 9.99 for enrollment and 7-15 days later I payed 99.95 for the set up fee, so far I have invested 109.94 with this law firm and have had one negative listing removed, my score went up 52 points after that negative listing was removed, they are still working on the Charge Off, but the Paralegals at the Law Firm I hired are awesome, if anyone can do it, I believe its them.

I have to pay 59.95 a month for their service, my first payment is due Feb 11th, I figure I'll give them like 6 months to see if they can get it removed and if they cant, I will discontinue their service and I'll wait till June 2013 when it will reachs the 7 year mark from the first date of delinquency (SP?)

So yeah IMO the Law Firm I hired to get these inacuracies removed has already surpassed my expectations and has been worth the 109.94 I have payed them so far.

Let me state, you can do this yourself, if you have an acct. with MyFICO or FCR or any credit monitoring services they all have a "dispute" center, if you see anything on your report you think is inaccurate, just click on the link and they will help you write dispute letters, the letters are basicly letters asking the creditors and credit bureaus to verify the info listed in your report is up to date and accurate. Its costly and time consuming for the creditors and credit bureaus to perform these investigations, but it is your right to dispute anything you feel is not accurate on your reports.

I wanted professional help, I did not feel confident enough to do it on my own, thats why I hired the Firm I did.

Best of luck to you as well.

I want to make it clear that I felt that the HSBC and the Collection listing on my reports were not accurate, I do not remember ever having the HSBC CC. I am not trying to have accurate info removed.

Contributor
tri3nity

1.  My Fico Score goal for the end of 2011 is to be at 620+

2.  TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505

3.  I will be working on my utilization. I will NOT apply for any new credit. I have some medical bills (3)  that I will send PFD, then pay them off.

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}