Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011!

Windfall wrote:

WOO HOO!  Equifax jumped up 22 points and Transunion jumped up 10 points!  But I didn't get an alert.  Anyone know how I get automatic alerts when my score goes up?  I had to purchase two credit reports from this website in order to see the new scores.

Hi Windfall,

If you'll ask this in the myFICO Product Feedback board you're more likely to get an answer.

Congratulations on the score increases!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Windfall

Thanks Marine!

Current Score: 620 EQ; 583 EX; 598 TR
Goal Score: 700 for all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
genevatango

Hi everybody! I've been lurking for ages, and got lots of assistance from you all, helping get errors to my scores corrected. So I am looking forward to more improvement in my scores as a few baddies age. 2011: Without the minor errors I am fixing this week: Transunion:740 Equifax: 720 Goals for 2012: Transunion: 750+ Equifax:740+

Went from 683 in Feb. of 2010 to 718 this year.   Would love to get to 760 by the end of the year. 

$20k in credit card availability: $5k left to pay off. 

I'm finalizing a divorce this year, and once I get the quit claim deed from the ex (I'm keeping the house and the mortgage), I'll either have to apply for a re-assignment of the mortgage or re-apply for a mortgage.

One thing in my favor is that effective Sept 1st., my discharged bankruptcy will be off my report. I 'm hoping that will provide a nice lift in addition to continue paying 30-50%extra on my cards.

I think I'm in pretty good shape, but this house thing has me a bit nervous.

Good Luck to everyone!

Regular Contributor
MissExcellentCredit

Hey everyone.  Just checking in with my score update.  I'm in the process of paying down my debt and keeping my card usage to 10% or less of my avail. credit.  Score Watch notified me today that my score increased 10 points.  I'm excited about that.  It's encouraging and gives me hope.  I know my goal eventually is an 800 FICO, but I would be happy to realistically get out of the 600's and into the mid or high 700's by December 2011.  I'm committed to live below my means but within my needs. 

Current 2013 Score: ScoreWatch Transunion: 737, ScoreWatch Equifax: 723, Nordstrom Equifax: 734
Goal Score for January 2014: 750-809 range

Contributor
Mzvanessa

MY FICO score is so low with all three CB's I am trying really hard to rebuild my score so I am able to by a home next year. Last year I paid off a lot of creditors that I   owed and still working on it. I have two CC's one secured and one unsecured.  My plan this year is to pay my bills on time and not to use more than 30% of my cards, as well as paying off the rest or my creditors. 

MY goal is to be in the 700 club (wishful thinking LOL) one day.  This year I will settle for 675

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Ascendo

[ Edited ]

Here I am.  myFICO is 607, and I have started actively developing my credit for the first time in my life.  

I just overcame nearly a decade of  intermittenet unemployment 2 voluntary repos of 2 different cars, paid off IRS liens due to my tax errors, and fully paid off an old defaulted student loan, and am trying to figure out how to get 4 old (3 years ago) collections off my account (3 of $100 or less, one of about $300 medical) - thanks to you I now know that just paying them off doesnt make them go away.  

I've never been able to get a mortgage.  That is my goal, to clean up my credit, get my score higher, and us my VA mortgage to buy a home for my family for the first time in my life.

I guess I've done OK on my own, but now its time to get serious and work on the credit report.  I am amazed that so many thigns go into it and so many thigns can be done.

You guys with your starting scores and now the higher scores are an inspriation.  There is jsut so much information here I am a bit overwhelmed with all of it, the acronyms, etc. Other than reading the FAQs, what shoudl I be looking at first, getting rid of the collections, right?  And where is the "Im a Noob" section?

Thanks for your patience, I hope to be like you guys, above 700 within a year or so.

"W" (no, not that one although I do live in Dallas)

Tyler2454

23 years old, been building my credit profile for 3 years and 9 months.  Only have 2 accounts on my profile.  One being a credit card, the other being a personal loan that's sole purpose was to be more diverse with credit.  I didn't spend the money on anything.  I am now able to qualify for the best mortgage loan rates.  Any older people with kids around 18 I encourage you to MAKE your kids start building credit as early as possible my parents hindered me.  Take their card for yourself and buy gum each month if you don't think they will be responsible.  I wish I started building my credit sooner.  I hope everyone reaches their 2011 goals.  High credit scores helps the economy!

TU 777

EQ 771

goal- to no drop below where I'm at.

Starting Score: Nov 2009 EQ 619 TU 669 EX654
Current Score: Dec 2010 EQ 740 TU 745 EX 735 Feb 2011 TU 777 EQ 771
Goal Score: Dec 2011EQ 800 TU 810

lasvegasgirl

1.  My FICO score goal for 2011 is 760

2.  My current FICO scores are EQ(626) TU(637)

3.  I am trying to pay down balances and trying to gain a secured credit card.  Not sure if that's going to work or not.  I applied for Bank of America Secured and Orchard Bank Unsecured but haven't heard anything.

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: (EQ)653 (TU)637 2/2011
Goal Score: 760

Established Member
stizzlerizzle

Update

Applied for new credit even though it was one of the things I shouldn't be doing.  (I just can't seem to help it)

Paid off my Citibank card.  Overall utilization below 10%.

Working on lowering my Capital One Card - utilization around 30%. (Only card with a balance)

Got my EX score through PSECU.

Need to just let time take over.  Stop applying for credit.  Continue to pay off CapOne.  Once card is paid off start saving money for the unexpected things that always tend to happen.

Starting Score: TU: 655 EQ: 701 (12/2010)
Current Score:TU: 673 EQ: 701 EX: 675 (2/2011)
Goal Score: TU: 720 EQ: 750 EX:720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}