Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
07-22-2011 10:46 AM
1. My goal is to have a FICO score of 620
2. My current FICO score is 548 (EQ) and 578 (TU)
3. I'm busy getting negative marks off my credit report and applied and received four new lines of credit. I plan to keep them 10% or under and PIF each month.
07-24-2011 06:14 AM
1. Your FICO score goal for 2011: 700
2. Your current FICO score(s): 617
3. keep my credit cards under 30%
After my divorce, I max out all my credit cards and fall behind on payments, getting back on my feet now, all debts are already pay, and dont use credit cars at least is absolutely necessary
07-24-2011 07:02 AM
1. At least 700 for all 3 bureaus
2. TU 672 and EQ 668
3. Keep making payments on student loan and use my paypal credit line to try raise my scores
07-24-2011 12:24 PM - edited 07-24-2011 12:29 PM
CURRENT SCORE: 614
GOAL SCORE for 2011: 700
Steps I will take:
07-24-2011 01:11 PM
1. I haven't looked at my credit score for years and didn't realize it had dropped so low. 518/561 tu &eq.
2.my first goal is 575/600 and 650/700 before I turn 50. 7/2013
3.I'm going to do some research and hard sacrificing maybe gas to get to work and a little food to eat.
07-25-2011 03:24 PM
Sweet... 71 points since December. 46 points just in the past six weeks. I think I can do this.....
Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
07-25-2011 04:39 PM - edited 08-12-2011 03:59 PM
I am quite annoyed at this point because even though I've gotten my three credit scores through freecreditreport.com, I've just checked my Equifax on myfico.com and it's a good 80 points lower than the Equifax score on freecreditreport.com. how are we supposed to know what scores are actually real and what scores are not? It's criminal how credit reporting agencies are allowed to arbitrarily adjust their numbers any which way they want without having to spell out to the consumer how they do it - and the consumer is the one who is affected by this awful system.
On August 2, 2011 freecreditreport.com stated my scores are as follows:
On August 12 myfico.com stated my Eq score is 550.
I honestly don't know what my scores are at the moment because of this and frankly, that's BS.
On a more positive note, Citibank has generously agreed to request that their inquiry be dropped from Ex, Eq, and Tr. Thank you, Citibank.
I haven't got the foggiest idea why TransUnion is so much better.
My Action Steps:
1. Reduce my Debt Ratio to less than 9%
2. Raise Credit Limit on my Visa to $5,000.00
3. Write Letters to have charge-offs removed - willing to pay to be removed if necessary
4. Automate loan and credit card payments so that keep all payments current
5. Obtain new installment loan with Chase healthAdvance when credit score reaches 670
6. Obtain secured MC for $3,000.00
Any other ideas? I currently have:
One Visa with $1,850.00 credit limit (13% open credit) one 30 late (within last 6 months)
One installment loan paid on time for the last 12 years ($9,000.00 yet to pay
Four accounts in collections (hope to have these removed via letters)
07-25-2011 06:04 PM
Going to make the best out of the time we have for the rest of the year <3 A failed business and bad credit be gone!
1. Goal score for the remainder of 2011 is at least 600 for all 3 bureaus
2. Current scores are TU 482, EQ 560, EX 550
3. Get caught up, make payments on time, pay down school loans
07-26-2011 11:16 AM - edited 07-26-2011 11:18 AM
07-26-2011 12:05 PM
UPDATE: I started this task at the very beginning of 2011 and as of today my TU score increased 16 points. I initially had a lofty goal of increaing my TU score to 780 but don't think this is possible after checking out myFICO's score simulator. It's saying my max score will be 760 at the end of 2011. Also, I may have to appy for a (pre-owned) auto loan which may make my y/e score more like 730 (where it is now)! Oh well, we'll see.....at least my interest rate will be <3% APR.