01-22-2011 02:31 PM
By paying off 3 old collection accounts, about how many points will my credit score increase?? Does anyone have an estimate...please and thank you
01-22-2011 03:49 PM
My FICO Goals for 2011 (and beyond):
1. Have all bad debt paid off and appropriately noted on my credit reports.
2. Clear up all incorrect information and stay ahead of my finances.
3. Learn to stick to a budget more effectively!
4. Raise my scores to 650 or better (this may not be complete by the end of 2011, but it's worth a shot)
5. Be more diligent about saving money
Good Luck to Everyone!
01-22-2011 06:25 PM
My goal is to achieve FICO of 650 and purchase my first home. I will achieve this goal by doing the following:
01-22-2011 06:46 PM
For 2011 I'm pretty good with my FICO score. It could be better, but I'm totally not complaining! It took a lot of hard work & money to get my score to where it is now. For this year, my goal is to pay off my car loan, pay off the little bit of cc debt that I accrued around xmas time, and keep paying on time. My ultimate goal is to get my fico score in the 780+ by the time I want to buy a house, but I still have a few years! Good luck everyone with getting your score higher
01-23-2011 02:20 PM
1. My Fico Score goal for 2011 is: 650+
2. My Current FICO score(s) are: EQ 602, TU 630, EX 575
3. The Steps I plan to take to achieve my goals: Pay an old xcel collection off and down my student loan, hopefully get a credit card to rebuild
01-24-2011 05:35 AM
1. Goal score for 2011 is a 730+ FICO score
2. Current score is 682
3. Make payments on time, pay of revolving debt, and no inquiries until I purchase my new car... :-)
01-24-2011 08:04 AM
My goal is a 680 FICO
My current EQ score is 639.
I will continue paying all CCs on time and using the insight and advice of others on this forum.
01-24-2011 11:06 AM
My FICO score goal for this year is 750 (and 800 for 2012), but right now I have no idea if or how I will be able to reach my goal this year. I hope to learn more about improving my score on this forum. I took the first step last year in applying for a secured card (I had nothing but a debit card for a few years) and being sure to make all my payments on time, but will need lots more advice and help to pull myself out of a pretty bad financial situation.
My current scores: TU 705 EQ 701
I plan to keep using and paying promptly on the card, not sharing any of my accounts with (irresponsible) others, and hopefully buying a used car with mostly cash, but some credit. I'm not even sure if that is a doable or good strategy in my current situation, but will be reading this forum to discover what else I can do to improve my scores.
Good luck everyone!
01-24-2011 02:58 PM
To take the challenge, tell us:
1. Your FICO score goal for 2011
2. Your current FICO score(s)
3. The steps you plan to take to achieve your goal
my current fico scores are listed below along with my goal scores. to achieve my goal score i hope to get cmi collection removed from my credit report and continue to pay on time and get my cc utilization down to 10% currently at 24%. also i have a paid judgement that will drop off in november of this year. i have 2 installment loans on for an auto and the other for furniture which i had before that car that helped out my credit mix so i intend to pay that off and hope it helps increase my score. thats all i can do.
01-24-2011 07:32 PM - edited 04-07-2011 08:04 PM
1. My Fico Score goal for 2011 is: 800
2. My Current FICO score(s) are: EQ 737, TU 742
3. The Steps I plan to take to achieve my goals: Reduce my UT from 28% to less than 15%, avoid opening new credit, mantain my 100% on-time payment history.
Just checked my TU score last week: 756!! UT is down to 24%, no inq's.
Next month will check EQ to see how it looks...
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.