Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(1) INQUIRY DROPPED MY SCORE 92 POINTS

tag
izach26
Valued Member

(1) INQUIRY DROPPED MY SCORE 92 POINTS

In my alerts show 92 Point Drop

Is this Possible, how could one inquiry take a 92 point drop, this seems un real.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Re: (1) INQUIRY DROPPED MY SCORE 92 POINTS

More to it than 1 inquiry a lot more.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a 3 pts dropped from 1 inq last nite with a CLI request

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many changes don't generate alerts. In my view, only relying on alerts is a bad way to monitor credit. Unfortunately, MyFICO doesn't offer a daily credit report / FICO score service, but some other places do, such as Experian.

1 inquiry alone doesn't drop score by 92. Drop could be due to new / updated collection accounts, old closed accounts in good standing that have dropped off, very high utilization, recent lates, etc.

Some creditors / debt collectors, such as Midland, update their tradeline (TL) monthly continuing to keep one's score low. However, some stop reporting and the TL ages - this helps one's score, but if at some point an old collection updates, that alone can drop one's score a lot. That may be what happened, likely along with some other things in combination...

Only way to really know is pull one or more of credit reports at AnnualCreditReport.com or visit one of the free places, such as CreditKarma - not the best, but it shows a decent amount of detail for TransUnion and Equifax, and probably good enough to get a feel for what's changed. Or if still concerned and all your free annual reports are used up for the year, consider paying for a credit report(s) via MyFICO, Experian, etc.

Message 4 of 7
izach26
Valued Member

Is there a way we can upload picture, I subscribe to score watch.....my score time line for EQUIFAX show May 1st 2015 XYZ score as of May 4 Dropped 92 points  and the only change made was and inquiry by capital one.... I whish there was a way i could upload a screen shot

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would purchase an Equifax report ASAP...you have something else behind the scenes there. Perhaps a new collection?  High Util or a combination. Your score should not drop like this for one new inquiry. 

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@izach26 wrote:

In my alerts show 92 Point Drop

Is this Possible, how could one inquiry take a 92 point drop, this seems un real. 

This sort of thing is a very common topic.  Be very careful relying on alerts.  As stated above, not all activity triggers an alert.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

To understand the cause of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports before and after the score change.

@izach26 wrote:

Is there a way we can upload picture, I subscribe to score watch.....my score time line for EQUIFAX show May 1st 2015 XYZ score as of May 4 Dropped 92 points  and the only change made was and inquiry by capital one.... I whish there was a way i could upload a screen shot

You can't upload but you can link.  It's basically the same process as this:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td...

You don't have to use Photobucket but the image has to be hosted somewhere and then you link to it.

The screenshot won't help though.  Again, you need to carefully review your reports to determine the cause.  You're overlooking other changes.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.