Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Missed Payment ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 Missed Payment ...

Hi ,

I had kinda got fooled into getting a CC from firestone couple of years back...and then missed my payment by 30 days.

This 1 late payment is now showing in my credit history and is also effecting my score. I have no other missed payments on any card.

Is it possible to request them to clear this 'red mark' from my history?

Should I try to close this Credit Card account...will it help my score?

Any suggestions are welcome...

- coolgoose.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 1 Missed Payment ...

Do not close the CC! Have you read the credit scoring 101 thread? There's a link within it to assist you on removing this late payment from your credit reports.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

I am considering writing a GW letter to the credit card co. Is there a way to find the right address of the credit card co. It says "Crdt First" as the company name....which does looks like its 'Credit First' where can I find the correct address for this co.?

Please advise.
- coolgoose.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have never heard of credit first...what is the name of the company on your statements?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was infact a Firestone Credit Card....I tried to investigate some more to respond to your question Smiley Happy

Seems this is the company that issues-manages credit card for firestone....and it looks like the one which is mentioned in my FICO report too

Credit First National Association
BK-11/Customer Service
P.O. Box 81315
Cleveland, OH 44181-0315
Phone: 1-800-321-3950

So I guess it would be a good idea to send them a GW mail (or email?) and hope that they remove the one red flag from my credit report Smiley Happy

Has anyone required to deal with this co. before? I hope they are understanding Smiley Happy

Thanks all the same fused !!

- coolgoose.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.