Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 item in Collections???????

tag
Achase
Regular Contributor

Re: 1 item in Collections???????

that good that you can pay with them direct...now you asked a great question about the payment plan.....and im not sure how its gonna work if you make a plan to pay. however any plan with the hospital direct still negates the collection agencies duties. so i would pay in full or make the payment arraingments and make sure each payment is handled through the hospital and not the collection agency.

now everyone else has been tellin you to debt validate, ask for pay for deletion agreements and so fourth and so on. but thats still rollin dice with the collection agency and who wants to gamble when you do not need to. but in the worst of all cases then yeah those different options are available but since it is your debt then then your doing the best thing by dealin direct with the hospital

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update: I went to the hospital and paid in full. They told me it would take around two weeks, due to the holidays, for the payment to post on their system because they did a receipt and they have to send it to the downtown office, etc. The lady did offer to call tomorrow to the collection agency and see that they take the account off. My question is this: even with all this happening, would it be smart for me to send a letter to the credit bureaus and make them verify that account? Thanks again for all your help everyone!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 20
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

IMO I would wait it out and see how things update afterwards. Trying to DV the collections if they even reply to the DV (except in Texas as they must respond to the DV) may take much longer. Once they respond to the DV then you still have to wait for it to update to CR's. Have some patience if at all possible. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 13 of 20
Achase
Regular Contributor

sounds great definitely dispute the acct now through the credit bureaus..you can actually do it online but first call the collection company and tell them that you dont owe them anything and that you paid it already...so they know that you are cleared up...im happy the hospital took payment so you will see it fall off in the next 30 days if you dispute now.

Message 14 of 20
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Achase wrote:

sounds great definitely dispute the acct now through the credit bureaus..you can actually do it online but first call the collection company and tell them that you dont owe them anything and that you paid it already...so they know that you are cleared up...im happy the hospital took payment so you will see it fall off in the next 30 days if you dispute now.

Feel free to dispute as Achase has mentioned.

IMO do not dispute right now with the CRA's the account is not updated and the CA will not be contacted until payment is posted and collected by the OC which they mentioned will be a few weeks. Disputing with the CRA's will most likely come back verified until the account is pulled back from the CA.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 15 of 20
Achase
Regular Contributor

yes your correct

Message 16 of 20
RammaCredit
New Contributor

BEFORE you pay anything or make any deals make sure you VOD. It could be something simple as a copay that the Doc never told you about or a portion that the ins co did not pay. Do the research before you throw away your money.The record will remain if you pay. as a paid collection. If the debt is not yours dispute, dispute, dispute.

Big mistake,,,,The CA will probably report the account as paid collection. Technically it is. U didn;t pay it until you received a collection notice, so they Hospital has to pay the CA. Its like listing your home with a realtor. i noticed people on her say pay the OC but technically you just paid the collection and are going to end up with a Coll Acct on your CR for 7 years. Did the hosp give you something in writing stating that the acct would be removed? If not then you are likely stuck with this neg TL depending on the strength of the Coll Agency.

Starting Score: TU:636 EQ:592
Current Score: TU:709 EQ:637 EX:706 (PSECU)
Goal Score: TU:790EQ:760 EX: 774

Message 17 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am really confused by some ot the advise offered.

First, you cannot DV a CRA.  DVs are debt collection practices matters solely under the FDCPA, and the CRA has no interest or involvement in that process.  DVs are only between the consumer and the debt collector.

CRAs are regulated under the FCRA, and not the FDCPA.  . 

The debt now apparently haven been paid, which apparrently makes any further complaint under  the DV process as moot.

If you have now paid the debt, that will assuredly by considered as acqiescence in their proper credit reporting of the accuracy of the debt, and any credit reporting derogs associated therewith. 

What would be the basis for documentation of the inaccuracy of information in your CR, thus providing a basis for  dispute of prior credit reporting accuracy, either through the CRA, or by way of a direct dispute? 

Message 18 of 20
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

In my opinion if you paying the hospital and they are pulling the account from the collection agency it should not make any difference.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 19 of 20
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying the OC will only require them to terminate further collection authority assigned ot the debt collector.  That only requires the debt collector to update the debt in their CA account to $0, and not its deletion.  "Pull back" of a collection only relates to further collection activities, and not to any prior accurate credit reporting done by the debt collector.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.