Did you mean: 

1 neg. and all is shot.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 neg. and all is shot.

hi all again

once again i call apon your help and advise hehe

ok i just ran my TU fico and it does have 1 NEG from 7 years which is do to drop off as of 8/07
know, i have a TU score of 580 Smiley Mad i can;t belive 1 neg can have such a inpact from my EQ score which is a happy 720 with no NEG on it. i do wnat to pull my EX score BUT that report has both of my NEG. which drops off on 10/07 so TU shows 1 neg and EX shows 2 neg ... and EQ shows none

know i want to apply for a loan,(or line of credit)  how do i get them to look at my EQ and not my TU or EX  report....?
do i call banks and start asking them what  bureu they pull?

gezz this is driving me insane.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1 neg. and all is shot.

Sounds like you may be in my situation...do you have any positive tradelines (accounts in good standing) to balance those negatives? If you don't, then just one or two negatives can tank your scores.

I know...I tried to avoid all credit, and got dinged by a couple charge-offs. My FICO probably dropped to the mid-500s. FICO and credit were four-letter words to me. I pretty much thought I was screwed, what's the point. Even as Bank of America started floating its 99/500 secured card past me three years ago, I said, "no way, I'm not going to PAY for a credit card, and what good would it do anyway?"

My advice to put your oars back in the water, get a secured CC, and start building positive TLs now. That way, by the time the negative drops off, you'll have one or two positive TLs to help raise your FICO score.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always pull EX from annualcreditreport.com just to know whether the negs are there. Won't cost anything, but you won't get FICOs. However, it sounds like at this point just knowing would be helpful.

What's your near term financial objective with the LOC or loan? Just to build your credit? Getting a loan to do home repairs? Something else?

It's going to depend upon the negative and your other good TLs. If there are few enough good TLs on TU, and the negative is bad enough, then yeah.
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do have 5 CC that are all in good standings, and with liltle ulti. on them. i have credit for 13 years now.
and the loan is just to bulid more credit and to pay off wifes 5000 debt so we can be debt free for a new car down the line.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only negative TL was due to drop off next month.  In March, I disputed it as too old to report with all three CRA's.  It came off of all three reports within days.  Since yours is so close to falling off like mine was, you may get similar results.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats sounds like a great idea can you give me some more adivse on how to and what to say

thanks
mike
Message 7 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

For me:

Zero negs - 782
1 Neg - 735
2 Negs - 683

And yes, I am disputing as many as possible, but one of them will not go away from EX until March next year because they investigared and decided against removing it and won't reinvestigate
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just disputed them via the online forms and for the reason, I entered "Too old to report" manually or checked the box if that was an option.  Each CRA's site is a little different, if I remember correctly.  That was it.  They came off within days.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.