cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 x 30 days late

tag
quick

1 x 30 days late

For the first time in my 12 year credit report history, I made a over 30 day late redit card payment. I just overlooked it, my fault. I pulled my score tonight...WOW that hurt! How long will it hurt my score and how long will it show on there?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1 x 30 days late

It will show for 7yrs. If you've had a good pay history try a GW (Good Will) letter. Heck, try calling them first to plead mercy. 

quick wrote:
For the first time in my 12 year credit report history, I made a over 30 day late redit card payment. I just overlooked it, my fault. I pulled my score tonight...WOW that hurt! How long will it hurt my score and how long will it show on there?

Message 2 of 12
quick

I called them (Bank of America) as soon as I saw it, spoke with a young lady...she shut me down. Said sorry , nothing we can do once it has been reported.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any experience with BOA, maybe others can chime in, but do a search for GW letters and try that approach.
GL

quick wrote:
I called them (Bank of America) as soon as I saw it, spoke with a young lady...she shut me down. Said sorry , nothing we can do once it has been reported.

Message 4 of 12
quick

I called BOA again... this time she said she will send my concern to a special dept and have an answer in 24 hours.??? Woman Sad
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good. Be persistant.

quick wrote:
I called BOA again... this time she said she will send my concern to a special dept and have an answer in 24 hours.??? Woman Sad

Message 6 of 12
quick

If she calls back in the morning and declines to remove it, should I continue to call or write a GW then? I owe $6700, offered to payoff then she said let's wait to see the answer we get in the morning.
Message 7 of 12
Madison
Regular Contributor

Call back and ask talk with a supervisor. Don't waste time talking with first person, they really have no say so. You will have more luck talking with supervisor.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Quick sorry to hear about the 30 days late. I would continue being persistent but if all else fails you could try a GW letter again when the 30 days late is a year old. If that fails again, try again every 6 months till they budge.

Here is the GW thread:

By the way, what kind of drop in score did you incur?

Message Edited by berraco58 on 12-11-2007 07:21 AM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call again and talk nicely ONLY TO A MANAGER or the credit reporting department
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.