Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100k Club!!

tag
djshifted
Regular Contributor

Re: $100k Club!!

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I did the same thing, but last summer as I got approved for the store MC/Visa versions i closed out the store cards. It did hurt my AAoA for a bit, but removing those lower limit cards 'encouraged' banks with my new apps to give me higher SL. not all, but most banks have some kind of algorithm (either matches your highest card, or your SL is the average of all your active CL, etc). I don't know what it is, but when i removed the lower lines (except a couple cards hovering at $2k or below), i started getting higher lines. 

Amazon SC $400, closed. Old Navy SC $300, closed, etc. I had about 4-5 low line SC. Now i just have the Sam's and JCPenny cards (because I do use them). Hopefully those will grow up like the others. 

I got luckywith some CLI's on store cards on my app spree a few months ago, it never hurts to ask for CLI's on (most) synchrony cards.  They went from 700/1200/1200 to 3500/3500/3000.  Only HHGregg was a HP (and done last), the other two were soft pulls by calling Credit Solutions.  I plan on keeping them for the discount/statement credits.

Congrats!  Eventually I'll be there.  I'd be there sooner if I hadn't burned NFCU before I got out.

Starting Scores (12/2012):EX 506; EQ 511; TU 518 | Current Scores (01/2016):EX 662; EQ 656; TU 653
Message 11 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@djshifted wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

I did the same thing, but last summer as I got approved for the store MC/Visa versions i closed out the store cards. It did hurt my AAoA for a bit, but removing those lower limit cards 'encouraged' banks with my new apps to give me higher SL. not all, but most banks have some kind of algorithm (either matches your highest card, or your SL is the average of all your active CL, etc). I don't know what it is, but when i removed the lower lines (except a couple cards hovering at $2k or below), i started getting higher lines. 

Amazon SC $400, closed. Old Navy SC $300, closed, etc. I had about 4-5 low line SC. Now i just have the Sam's and JCPenny cards (because I do use them). Hopefully those will grow up like the others. 

I got luckywith some CLI's on store cards on my app spree a few months ago, it never hurts to ask for CLI's on (most) synchrony cards.  They went from 700/1200/1200 to 3500/3500/3000.  Only HHGregg was a HP (and done last), the other two were soft pulls by calling Credit Solutions.  I plan on keeping them for the discount/statement credits.

Congrats!  Eventually I'll be there.  I'd be there sooner if I hadn't burned NFCU before I got out.

Oh I've been there with NFCU (about 6 years ago), but luckily my negligence was with a checking account so it only partially black-listed me lol just give it time (which I'm sure is the last thing you want to give more of), they will eventually cave. my most recently approved card with them  card them was no instant approval. I called recon FOUR TIMES and THEN they caved... there's probably a note about "he's not going to stop calling until we approve him", but I dont care lol I still got a $15k card from them. Good Luck!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does one RECON a NFCU denied CC app?  I was declined a few days ago and I have called and sent messages.  They keep telling me Im not allowed to talk to the loan officers or add any information to the app after it has been submitted.  What department are you calling??

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats on what you've done!  Woman Very Happy  Great words and a great inspiration for others.  I know you'll make that 800 score and then some.  Smiley Wink  Crack is the word and why I'm in the garden.

Message 14 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How does one RECON a NFCU denied CC app?  I was declined a few days ago and I have called and sent messages.  They keep telling me Im not allowed to talk to the loan officers or add any information to the app after it has been submitted.  What department are you calling??

I did the first one online. From the online account I just sent a message thru the secure message center and it was written in the "to whom it may concern" format, i just wrote Hello instead of to whom... In that email I stated I recently applied for x card and was declined. I then did a bullet for each of the denial reasons and my reasoning behind whatever the item.

***"To many inquiries" - As my credit crossed the tier into prime credit last year, i sought out to weed out the high interest/crazy fee/subprime cards i had and replace them with more reputable and rewarding cards, helping me reinvest my hard earned money back into my family with being able to buy them extra random things, or go for a night out.  I've earned this right and long term i come out ahead for me and my family, so although i do have a high inquiry number, its temporary and the bridge to finally getting it right***

How are they going to say no to that?? My whole letter was like that. Write it so they cant ignore it. So i do something short for each of there denail reasons. To add a little more juice, i then give a few other positive references i know they can verify thru my credit report.

***I was surprised I was not approved when other lenders like Amex, Chase, Discover, (any of your prime and big boy cards) have been so generous with me with limits ranging in the $5k - $15k (whatever your limit range is). My income is xxx (i also attached my 2015 W2 in the email --- they REALLY like the proactive approach, it empowers the rep who's reading your email) and my utilization is x% (dont lie, if its not a good number, then dont reference that bullet). 

After a few uplifting words (lol) about me, i then finally ask if someone can revist my application for a deeper look. You'll get a reply that your request has been forwarded, and it has, right to the credit analyst group. they take about 48hours to get back to you. They will either say yes, or no again. and if they say no again, just like the first email challenge, do it again for the new reasons. if you can provide valide and sane reasons to what they claim is hurting you, then they will work with you. It really can feel family owned with NFCU. 

I did that x3, each time tougher than the previous. In their 3rd reply to me they stated they would call with their decision in 48hrs (ending on a Tues). I waited until Thur and called them. It helped to wait the few extra days so i didnt come across as desperate for credit, but a true reconsideration. The rep then talked to an analyst while i was on hold about my request. considering it was tagged with notes like positive references from the 3 previous emails, the w2 attached and the "passed security verification", the analyst made a split decision. "I have great news! You're Approved for $15,000."

They never passed me on to their analyst directly, someone had to contact them for me. thats what i did. You already took the hard pull, the worst that can happen is they say no. 

this is all of course assuming things like you dont already have 2 NFCU cards, or burned them in the last 3-5yrs, or have any unpaid debt to them directly, or have a crazy amount of debt or an unworkable score (<600). Good Luck To you! 

sorry so long, but hope this helps!

Message 15 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Super congrats on what you've done!  Woman Very Happy  Great words and a great inspiration for others.  I know you'll make that 800 score and then some.  Smiley Wink  Crack is the word and why I'm in the garden.

Thanks and I just started planting seads so to speak, but at least im in the garden now.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the first one online. From the online account I just sent a message thru the secure message center and it was written in the "to whom it may concern" format, i just wrote Hello instead of to whom... In that email I stated I recently applied for x card and was declined. I then did a bullet for each of the denial reasons and my reasoning behind whatever the item.

***"To many inquiries" - As my credit crossed the tier into prime credit last year, i sought out to weed out the high interest/crazy fee/subprime cards i had and replace them with more reputable and rewarding cards, helping me reinvest my hard earned money back into my family with being able to buy them extra random things, or go for a night out.  I've earned this right and long term i come out ahead for me and my family, so although i do have a high inquiry number, its temporary and the bridge to finally getting it right***

How are they going to say no to that?? My whole letter was like that. Write it so they cant ignore it. So i do something short for each of there denail reasons. To add a little more juice, i then give a few other positive references i know they can verify thru my credit report.

***I was surprised I was not approved when other lenders like Amex, Chase, Discover, (any of your prime and big boy cards) have been so generous with me with limits ranging in the $5k - $15k (whatever your limit range is). My income is xxx (i also attached my 2015 W2 in the email --- they REALLY like the proactive approach, it empowers the rep who's reading your email) and my utilization is x% (dont lie, if its not a good number, then dont reference that bullet). 

After a few uplifting words (lol) about me, i then finally ask if someone can revist my application for a deeper look. You'll get a reply that your request has been forwarded, and it has, right to the credit analyst group. they take about 48hours to get back to you. They will either say yes, or no again. and if they say no again, just like the first email challenge, do it again for the new reasons. if you can provide valide and sane reasons to what they claim is hurting you, then they will work with you. It really can feel family owned with NFCU. 

I did that x3, each time tougher than the previous. In their 3rd reply to me they stated they would call with their decision in 48hrs (ending on a Tues). I waited until Thur and called them. It helped to wait the few extra days so i didnt come across as desperate for credit, but a true reconsideration. The rep then talked to an analyst while i was on hold about my request. considering it was tagged with notes like positive references from the 3 previous emails, the w2 attached and the "passed security verification", the analyst made a split decision. "I have great news! You're Approved for $15,000."

They never passed me on to their analyst directly, someone had to contact them for me. thats what i did. You already took the hard pull, the worst that can happen is they say no. 

this is all of course assuming things like you dont already have 2 NFCU cards, or burned them in the last 3-5yrs, or have any unpaid debt to them directly, or have a crazy amount of debt or an unworkable score (<600). Good Luck To you! 

sorry so long, but hope this helps!

This is great information. I appreciate the way you gave generalized details for how to write politely asking for recon.

Message 17 of 22
All4One
Valued Member

Congrats. Nice Job!

AMEX BCE $15k // IHG Rewards $5900 // USAA MC $3000 // AF BANK $1000
CK 774 (3/14/14) // CS FAKO 792 (3/1/14) // Quizzle 761 (1/16/14)
Last HP 3/20/14
Message 18 of 22
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Haha

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 19 of 22
800ficogirl
Regular Contributor

I'm halfway there @ $50K.. Hopefully I'll be in the club in another year or so 🤗

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.