Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-C Form and W-9 Form

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1099-C Form and W-9 Form

So I recently received a 1099 form and a W-9 from Asset Acceptance.  I have had several accouts with them and I have paid all in full and settled on the last one.  I have done some reading I believe that I should probably just report the the amount of canceled debt to the irs.  My question is since they already sent me a 1099 form do I still need to do a W-9 form.  I am afriad to send them anything more, they want no only my name and address on this form but also my SSN.  This really scares me!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Please anyone with advice it would be greatly appreciated.  I have had no real problems with asset but I hear nothing but negative stuff about them.  This is my last credit card.  I would like to get rid of this as soon as possible.  I am willing to pay the original balance on the card but I do not want them to make more life hard that it has already been.

Thanks again
Nancy
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1099-C Form and W-9 Form

Since you have the 1099, just use that for preparing your taxes. Or give it to your guy or gal.

You can toss the W-9 in the trashcan. It's only to CYA the CA. Don't give 'em that satisfaction.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.