Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10K in two weeks ?

tag
e123
New Contributor

10K in two weeks ?

What is going here. I received a Cap1 card with 5K CL a few days ago. Now I received a Discover network  card with 5K CL. Both in the last two weeks. Previous and only card, Orchard with 300 CL. Hard to figure !    
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: 10K in two weeks ?

How are/were your scores?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What MV said.

From Orchard to Cap 1 might not be all that big of a leap. But to a Discover card, that is a big leap.
Message 3 of 10
e123
New Contributor

TU 649,EXP,656, EQ,633    hard to figure. According to what I have read no way should I get this kind of credit line.
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Quick - use them both once and pay them off!  Then keep them safe
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
e123
New Contributor

I maxed the cap1 a few days ago and now I am waiting for the charge to post so that I can pay it off. I just put 25.00 on the Discover card and will pay off as soon as it post.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 tends to float around those convenience checks like water, and you can call and do a BT over the phone--generally no fee. You could charge a little something on the Discover, then do a BT from Discover to Cap 1 and max it out to the penny.

Message 7 of 10
e123
New Contributor

I have been looking around and I see where Discover has approved people with scores lower than mine. They just seem to not do it very often and usually with low credit limits.
Message 8 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

e123 wrote:
What is going here. I received a Cap1 card with 5K CL a few days ago. Now I received a Discover network  card with 5K CL. Both in the last two weeks. Previous and only card, Orchard with 300 CL. Hard to figure !    

I'm just curious, which CRAs were pulled and which state are you in?

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-23-2007 12:06 PM
Message 9 of 10
e123
New Contributor

I live in Ky, See my above post for scores. They pulled EXP not sure about the others yet.   
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.