Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 credit cards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

11 credit cards!

i am  19 years old and right now i'm having about 6 store credit cards and 5 credit cards with each reporting $0 balance on each card.is this strategy going to help my score?

11 credit card tottal. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 11 credit cards!

Your AAoA is real low I bet. Adding any more cards would only hurt you in the short-term. I'd sit it out and let them age.
Message 2 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have 8 CC and 7 store cards. I keep my store cards always at $0 balance and let report low balance on 1-2 CC.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not open more cards, if it were me i would charge small amounts on a few a month, PIF and ask for increase every few months. Also if you could get a realative to add you as AU on an old account it likely help your score
Message 4 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would not open more cards, if it were me i would charge small amounts on a few a month, PIF and ask for increase every few months. Also if you could get a realative to add you as AU on an old account it likely help your score

AU is no longer factored in with fico

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

future wrote:

AU is no longer factored in with fico

FICO announced it would be.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.