Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13 Negative Items - Plan of Action for removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

13 Negative Items - Plan of Action for removal

Here is my story.
I’ve recently decided to start fixing my credit report. On Experian credit reporting service I had 13 Negative Listing, here is the breakdown.
4 Were Collection Agencies
1 Were Secure Card
4 were various credit cards.
1 was a capital one card which Zwicker & Associates had purchased but Zwicker & Associates were not listed on my credit report but all calls to Capital One transferred me direct to this CO.

All of the above mention accounts were from 2001-2003 minus the collection agency accounts which was derived from the credit card accounts which were not paid for and wrote off as “Charged Off”

Here are the names of the Debt Collectors listed on my credit report.
LVNV FUNDING LLC
ARROW FINANCIAL SERVICE
THE BUREAUS INC
CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SERVICE

Here are the Bank accounts which were written off as “Charged Off”
MERRICK BANK
HSBC NV
BANK OF AMERICA
FIRST PREMIER BANK  transferred to Arrow Financial Services LLC
CAP ONE BK  transferred to Zwicker & Associates (credit report does not show this)

Hard Inquires:
ELITE RECOVERY SERVICES
GLASSER & GLASSER
LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES
NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS
SIMM ASSOCIATES
UNIFUND CORPORATION
WOLPOFF & ABRAMSON LLP
WorldWide Asset Purchasing LLC

Problems:
LVNV Funding LLC has a default judgment against me in the amount of $890 in the state of VA.
I do not reside in VA; My current address on credit report indicates I live in New York for the last 10 years.

Step1.
I have sent the 4 collection agencies a Pay for Delete request. (no response)
I have sent 8 collection agencies a Non Auth (PP) letter demanding removal of inquiry and $1000 fine.
I have received one reply from NCO (10.01.07)

I have sent the 5 credit card companies a Pay for Delete request ( no replies) 10.1.07
Letters sent via Certified Post Mail on 9.21.07, total cost $43

Sample letter of PFD (Pay for Delete) can be found here:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2659

Question:
1) What can I do about the default judgment LVNV Funding has on my credit report?
2) If I settle with a collection agency on behalf of account which was sold/transferred to the Collection Agency by the Credit Card Company, how can I get the status of the “Charge Off” to be changed to “Paid in Full”

ProActive Steps Taken
1) Obtain Secured Card from Wells Fargo
URL: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/secured/
2) Obtain secured card from Bank of America
URL: https://www1.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/securedcard_options/index.cfm

UPDATES 9.21.07
I've just disputed these items online via equifax.
I have also sent out certified mail to EQUIFAX to dispute this debt - $7
I've sent off Non Auth letters to 10 companies who inequred on my credit report via equifax. Company names are:

GLASSER & GLASSER, PLC - 10/26/06, 02/14/2006
HSBC RETAIL SERVICES - 09/03/06
LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES, LP - 11/23/05
ELITE RECOVERY SERVICES
GLASSER & GLASSER
NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS
SIMM ASSOCIATES
UNIFUND CORPORATION
WOLPOFF & ABRAMSON LLP
WorldWide Asset Purchasing LLC

You can find non-auth letter her:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=3900

UPDATES 10.1.07
I recieved response from NCO
Here is their response letter.

Dear Mr. XX
In response to your letter of September 24, 2007, be advised that NCO Financial Systems, INC (NCO) is a debt collection agency. Your creditor hired NCO to collect the overdue amount owed on your account. At times, when an account is placed, NCO acquires the debtors credit report for the permissible purpose of collecting on the overdue debt. Per the federal Fair Credit Reporting ACT:

$604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. $ 1681b]
A consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report under the following circumstances and no other:
(3) To a Person which it has reason to believe
(a) intends to use the information in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extenstion of credit to, or review or collection of and account of, the consumer.
With this information, I assume that all issues raised in your letter are now addressed. Please contact me with any questions and thank you for your time.
Very truly Yours.

Message Edited by kennis on 10-01-2007 03:26 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 13 Negative Items - Plan of Action for removal

I'm curious if you get a reply from Cavalry Portfolio Svcs.
I sent them a PFD for a $225 bill, no reply. Followed up with a fax attaching the PFD letter and basically saying, "Hellllllllo? I will give you this money today, call me." and got no reply.
Debating whether to send it again CMRR or do a DV letter.
Message 2 of 6
oceanlover
Valued Member

Banshee wrote:
I'm curious if you get a reply from Cavalry Portfolio Svcs.
I sent them a PFD for a $225 bill, no reply. Followed up with a fax attaching the PFD letter and basically saying, "Hellllllllo? I will give you this money today, call me." and got no reply.
Debating whether to send it again CMRR or do a DV letter.

From what I have read on these boards. I would DV. If they are not responding to your PFD, chances are they don't have your account anymore. Someone else would know more about this though. I am just going from what I have read here.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

10.1.07 - Updates
I've received a response from NCO Financial in regards to a letter I sent them stating they did not have permissible purpose to preform a hard inquiry on my equifax credit report.

Here is the response I have receive from this in regards to this matter.
I have sent out roughly 20 letters to various collection agencies via certified mail. They are the only ones to respond and their response is below.
--
Dear Mr. XX
In response to your letter of September 24, 2007, be advised that NCO Financial Systems, INC (NCO) is a debt collection agency. Your creditor hired NCO to collect the overdue amount owed on your account. At times, when an account is placed, NCO acquires the debtors credit report for the permissible purpose of collecting on the overdue debt. Per the federal Fair Credit Reporting ACT:

$604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. $ 1681b]
A consumer reporting agency may furnish a consumer report under the following circumstances and no other:
(3) To a Person which it has reason to believe
(a) intends to use the information in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extenstion of credit to, or review or collection of and account of, the consumer.
With this information, I assume that all issues raised in your letter are now addressed. Please contact me with any questions and thank you for your time.
Very truly Yours.
---

How would you respond to this letter?
I believe there are some faults in this reply however I do not know enough about the laws to write a response.
I asked for $1000 settlement and removal of the hard inquiry from my credit report
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I did not get response from Cavalry Portfolio Svcs As of 10.1.07
Message 5 of 6
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

To me it looks like they're not willing to settle for the $1000, you might need to send another letter -- by fax though if you can, as you can get a transmission report, which is similar to a CMRRR...

NCO are a bunch'a a-holes, I sent them a PFD and haven't heard word and I said I'd be willing to PIF for the delete. Still no word, and it's been several weeks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.