Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

147 point score increase in 60 days... Wow

tag
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

147 point score increase in 60 days... Wow

Capital One declined a CLI request in December 2013 and sent me my EQ score with their rejection letter and it showed a EQ FICO of 633.  In the beginning of January, I worked out PFD's with a collection company that deleted 8 medical collections from all reports.  I also recently paid down my CC debt from 66% util to what's showing on EQ (per MyFico) at 38%.  I just had to know if I had a score jump.  I just paid the $20 bucks for my EQ score and seriously almost fell out of my chair.  780! Are you kidding me?!?  The good news is, I have already paid off all of my cards so that 38% util reporting is now 1%.  The score simulator showed an estimated 790 to 810 at 1% util.  If I roll over 800 after seeing my FICO score at 444 once upon a time in my life, I'll probably shed a tear.  

Just thought I would share.  I'm TRULY on top of the world.  Sounds like it's time for a couple of new credit cards to replace my CapitalOne rebuilders.... haha

I'd like to thank everyone on this forum.  Without the wealth of knowledge here, I couldn't have done this.  God Bless you all!

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: 147 point score increase in 60 days... Wow

WOW!! That is a huge jump in score!!!  congrats Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 9
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

Capital One declined a CLI request in December 2013 and sent me my EQ score with their rejection letter and it showed a EQ FICO of 633.  In the beginning of January, I worked out PFD's with a collection company that deleted 8 medical collections from all reports.  I also recently paid down my CC debt from 66% util to what's showing on EQ (per MyFico) at 38%.  I just had to know if I had a score jump.  I just paid the $20 bucks for my EQ score and seriously almost fell out of my chair.  780! Are you kidding me?!?  The good news is, I have already paid off all of my cards so that 38% util reporting is now 1%.  The score simulator showed an estimated 790 to 810 at 1% util.  If I roll over 800 after seeing my FICO score at 444 once upon a time in my life, I'll probably shed a tear.  

Just thought I would share.  I'm TRULY on top of the world.  Sounds like it's time for a couple of new credit cards to replace my CapitalOne rebuilders.... haha

I'd like to thank everyone on this forum.  Without the wealth of knowledge here, I couldn't have done this.  God Bless you all!

Wow! That is fantastic! Congratulations! If I were you I'd email the Cap One EO again and ask for the world! I bet you'll get a much better answer this time around!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 9
gypsymama
Established Member

Wow!!! That's absolutely amazing! I've just added my first rebuilder accounts and paid some medical collections that should be removed as well. I'm hoping I'll see a score increase from this. Still a long way to go but posts like this keep me motivated! Keep up the great work.

Cap One Secured $200; Fingerhut $250; Venus $250; VS $500
Message 4 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Wow. Definitely huge. From 444 to 780??? You may have set a record! Let us know when you hit that big 800!

Message 5 of 9
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Wow is right!!

That's awesome, congratulations!  You don't see scores that high here that often.

You should be SO PROUD - good for you!!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 9
RED_Knives
Valued Member

you went from semi risky some lenders would lend to you to actually being in the very dependable borrower category well done mate!

Exceptional Borrower ... coming soon. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 730
Goal Score: 800

Credit Cards and Credit Limits: Barclay 7250, AMEX 2000, Discover 6250, Cap OnePlat 3000, BestBuy 3000, Chase 3500, Paypal 4300, Walmart 1000, BOA 2000, Kohls 800, Target RED 500, Les Schwab 500, TOTAL 34900 OldestAc1.8 years
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

That's great!  Glad you were able to rebound and get things back in your favor.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 9
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all of your kind words.  For anyone reading this, here are the types of accounts I have and info in the score.  I'm very confident this will roll over 800 by the 10th of the month once my new util reports.  I thought it might be helpful to share.

AAoA - 6 years

no late payments/perfect payment history

utilization at the time of the 780 pull - 38%; now 1%, just hasn't reported (will on the 9th'ish)

9 total tradelines; 5 open; 4 closed

Student loan 9 years old; oldest credit card opened 11/2010

RATIO:  2 installment loans (student loan and Chase car loan); 3 credit cards (2 CapOne and 1 Discover) RATIO: 2 to 3

Oldest open account:  17 years (now showing closed; it was Sears card I opened and never used but GECRB kept reporting and kept reporting "on time"... lol)  

Hard pulls:  total 7; most recent was 2/19/2013 so over one year (I bought a truck in 2012 that resulted in 5 hard pulls in the same day... still aggravated about that)

* I have NO mortgage on my reports.  Our house is in my wife's name b/her credit was much better than mine and her income supported it alone.

My BK was in 2004 and the medical collections happened from 2005 to 2010.  There was also a paid state tax lien that fell off last year.  I think one the ingredients in this score are that really helps is RATIO of installment vs revolving.  I'm still convinced too many credit cards can hurt your score no matter the limit or how awesome the cards are.  When I see folks get 12 store cards, I kind of cringe... lol... one or two decent ones would be fine but I'm not sure having 10+ proves anything.

Again, thanks for the wealth of knowledge that's passed around here.  I couldn't have done this without each and every one of you sharing your stories, experience, motivation, success and being just overall supportive.  I've never been a part of a community with such an 'arms around' approach.  Thumbs up.

Edited: grammar

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.