Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 Questions from Debtors Anonymous

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 15 Questions from Debtors Anonymous

8. Do you ever fear that your employer, family or friends will learn the extent of your total indebtedness?

Employer and friends, I'm not to worried about....family though??? It does kind of suck that my sister and her husband are multimillionaires. There house is paid in full (1,300,000.00), all 4 cars (BMW SUV, Lexus convertible, Cadillac SUV and Ford King Ranch that there 16 year old just got for his birthdaySmiley Surprised). He just built a nice cabin (cash) at the duck club he owns, all three sons have top of the line 4-wheelers (paid cash), all three sons college is already paid for (youngest son is 8), they just got back from spending 2 weeks at Turtle Island and looking at buying Real Estate there. I could go on and on.

Let me correct myself....i do NOT mean that it sucks that they are so dang wealthy.....I am very very very happy for them. They have worked hard to get where they are at (granted his work hours are very minimal these days) and I am very proud of them. I guess it is more of a pity party for myself. I think of times in the past where I've had to rob Peter to pay Paul or sacrifice things to make ends meet and knowing that they know of my past hardships( that stemmed from my divorce) is sometimes embarrassing! I don't believe I have too much pride, but it can be disheartening to tell your child No, you can't have a brand spanking new Ford King Ranch like your cousin has. Or NO, we can not have a 100,000.00 pool in our backyard like they have, No you can't have an 800.00 paintball gun, your 300.00 one will have to do. Yes, there kids are spoiled, but I must say they are awesome kids. They are all honor students (so is my sonSmiley Happy) and all very Christian. They appreciate but do not expect everything they have.

With that said and done, I am proud of the long road I have traveled. Hard lessons learned along the way, but as my mother says..."It only builds character". I am now a proud homeowner (in my name only), I drive a nice reliable car, have a great job, i have a college fund set aside for my son that I contribute to every month, a little cushion in my savings account, and have alot of "materialistic" things that I have worked hard for. My son has everything he NEEDS and most of what he wants ( within reasonable limits).  I don't say that to "boast", but to remind people that where there is a will, there is a way. As long as you work hard, pay your bills, have emergency money set aside, I see nothing wrong in splurging on things that are not a necessity in life, as I see it as only rewarding yourself for the hard work you've done!!!

Now...if I could just reach my Fico goal, life would be grand!!!Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I can't resist...here's some unvarnished, uncensored TheNewWorldMan responses to the debt questionnaire.

1. Are your debts making your home life unhappy?

No...I have no home unhappiness because I am SINGLE. When I was married I could have been debt-free living off a million a year in untaxed interest and I'd have STILL needed Prozac.

2. Does the pressure of your debts distract you from your daily work?

Yes. I work in a call center. That job is so boring ANYTHING could distract me, including but not limited to lint in my navel, a cobweb on the ceiling, or the cute Korean lady from Billing walking by.

3. Are your debts affecting your reputation?

No...I had a reputation as a straight-talking, all-knowing loudmouth with the diplomacy of a proctologist sans depth perception long BEFORE my first credit card, thank you very much. And even if I start losing at the track, I don't think anything's gonna change.

4. Do your debts cause you to think less of yourself?

No. It's only money, who gives a hoot?

5. Have you ever given false information in order to obtain credit?

Yes...on my last credit application, I wrote "Mob Underboss" for my occupation.

6. Have you ever made unrealistic promises to your creditors?

Well...I did tell the last customer service rep that karma favored me and if she approved me her lovelife would undergo a substantial upgrade. Not sure if that qualifies.

7. Does the pressure of your debts make you careless of the welfare of your family?

What pressure? We don't need no stinkin' pressure here...

8. Do you ever fear that your employer, family or friends will learn the extent of your total indebtedness?

I am in mortal fear that my boss will find out about that Wendy's Triple I charged today, since she's a militant vegan and all that crap...

9. When faced with a difficult financial situation, does the prospect of borrowing give you an inordinate feeling of relief?

No, that's what Pepto-Bismol is for.

10. Does the pressure of your debts cause you to have difficulty sleeping?

No, but the release of the "Beyond Swords" expansion pack to Civilization 4 might.

11. Has the pressure of your debts ever caused you to consider getting drunk?

Yeah...went though a whole case of Mountain Dew last week. That was to keep from falling asleep while talking to the umpteenth idiot who didn't know the different between his DSL modem and his cable box. My loss in the American Idol office pool was at most a tertiary consideration.

12. Have you ever borrowed money without giving adequate consideration to the rate of interest you are required to pay?

Didn't check the interest rate on my last CC, don't care if I'm paying %23.9 or 9.9% on my $12.43 balance.

13. Do you usually expect a negative response when you are subject to a credit investigation?

Yeah, and that's why God gave me middle fingers, because if I do get a negative response, I'll give a response of my own, along with verbiage I won't repeat here, this being a family credit forum outside the watershed hours of 10pm to 6am.

14. Have you ever developed a strict regimen for paying off your debts, only to break it under pressure?

Yes...one time two months ago I paid off my CapitalOne card before my BofA card. Counseling has been very valuable in helping me get on with my life...

15. Do you justify your debts by telling yourself that you are superior to the "other" people, and when you get your "break" you'll be out of debt overnight?

Hey buddy, after working on a technical support line for all these years, I don't need any credit score or debt-to-income ratio or Maserati parked in my driveway to know I'm a higher form of life than most the schmucks out there in "gee, I have to have my modem PLUGGED IN to get my Internet?"-land.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 07-24-2007 06:33 PM
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

TNWM....

To Darn Funny ROFLOL
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.