Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 point increase today

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

15 point increase today

I'm a daily checker of my True Credit 3 in 1 service and this morning I saw a 15 point increase to my Experian score there. When I compared to yesterdays report to today's, the one and only change was a CLI to my NFCU nRewards Visa from $2,000 to $10,000

I thought this might be of interest to those of you who track your scores and are curious about what impacts them.

Now of course I wonder if when the TU & EQ reports update, will I see the same or different effect? Interesting huh?

Please don't ask if these are FICO or FAKO scores, it's irrelevant, and by the way, after all my experience with these things I'm really not sure how to answer that question.

It's an interesting game isn't it?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: 15 point increase today

Congrats jackg!  I'm sure you will have the same results with the other CBRs once it reports. 

FWIW, I have privacymatters and I only saw a teeny increase in FAKO when I opened up some new credit, but my FICO increase was dramatic... my UTI didn't really change that much so it was odd.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
jackg
Established Contributor

My utilization is 4% and I don't see that changing. What do you call a dramatic change to FICO?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I'd say around 25 points... still waiting for TU to report.  Honestly I don't know why so many points... my UTI fluctuates between 2-4% and is not changing.  I'll take it though!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.