Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Apt app since BK7... Very nervous :(

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

1st Apt app since BK7... Very nervous :(

So, I found an apartment I like, and I spoke with the manager regarding their app and requirements. They say they have a third party company do their credit/ criminal/ background checks, and it states on credit app that an unsatisfactory credit report (including BK), can disqualify you. (Sighs)... They pull EX as well. I'm so nervous I won't get approved, but the manager thinks it'll be ok. As long as I don't have any current collections, bad rent, criminal history etc... I'm not so sure. This is my 1st attempt at getting an apt, and even though I have several derogs I explained that those are from my and IIB. My scores are mid. 650's, and they say they also use a scoring system that is related to my score and income. Could really use some good vibes my way. I should find out tomorrow if they app was approved thru their "3rd party verification company". The company doing the app check is JVM . Thanks, I'll update once I find out 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Apt app since BK7... Very nervous :(

You should be okay. Landlords typically just want to make sure that you don't have any collections from previous landlords on your reports. The score is not too important to them.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 14
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Good luck Pizza.  I think you'll be good to go.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You prob be just fine, I would get hard copies from each of the CRAs including Innovis and make sure all is reporting correctly, always good to know for your own peace of mind. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

So, I found an apartment I like, and I spoke with the manager regarding their app and requirements. They say they have a third party company do their credit/ criminal/ background checks, and it states on credit app that an unsatisfactory credit report (including BK), can disqualify you. (Sighs)... They pull EX as well. I'm so nervous I won't get approved, but the manager thinks it'll be ok. As long as I don't have any current collections, bad rent, criminal history etc... I'm not so sure. This is my 1st attempt at getting an apt, and even though I have several derogs I explained that those are from my and IIB. My scores are mid. 650's, and they say they also use a scoring system that is related to my score and income. Could really use some good vibes my way. I should find out tomorrow if they app was approved thru their "3rd party verification company". The company doing the app check is JVM . Thanks, I'll update once I find out 

Soft pull? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

You should be fine.

When we last moved our rental application listed the guidelines youd need to meet to even be considered for an apartment.  Things like, no more than 2 collections, those 2 collections cannot total more than whatever dollar amount.  Quite a bit of financial stuff to qualify I thought.  We did not meet the requirements by far at the time, they approved us, we just got the rent and a half security deposit instead of the half rent or full rent one (better credit gets better deal for security deposit)

I think youll be fine, at worse pay more for the move in.

*edit*
ours was a hard pull on transunion by the management company.

Message 6 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Wishing the best for you Pizza! Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 14
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Good Luck, I'll be waiting on Good News from you!

Message 8 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I Got my apartment!!!!! Yay!! The lady told me that as soon as she submitted my app, it was approved within like 5 min. She said it was so fast she barely wasnt even done inputting all my info when it all came back verified and approved! Soooo, relieved!! And I got some letter email that they checked EQ!! My worst one of the three!! I can relax now. Not know if it was a HP or not, thanks for the encouragementSmiley Happy !!!
Message 9 of 14
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Happy Dance!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.