Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Financial Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st Financial Bank

Ok per Equifax the month/year of first delinquency was 06/2006; on Experian the information isn't as ready but it looks like the first delinquency was "180 days of October 2006, June 2005"
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

GBC wrote:
Exactly but according to the rep it IS NOT close to dropping. So I'm really caught. I'd rather NOT pay and let the negative mark stay, since it will be negative anyway, or at least meet the situation half way and pay a settlement so I don't look like a total deadbeat.

FICO gives no brownie points for partial payments on charged off accounts.

However, it MAY look better on a manual review. Your choice though.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the DoFD was 06/2006. If I pay now, the SOL resets for Maryland. Does that mean the credit bureaus have to honor the SOL and remove the accounts?
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried sending a letter to the OC asking for an investigation.

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified".

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME

Remember always send CMRRR

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

No the CRA will keep it on your report for 7/7.5 yrs whether you pay it or not. The only real way for it not to effect your score is to have it deleted/removed(PFD)
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

GBC

Is there a CA involved? If so, they will report the date that it was assigned or sold to THEM. That does not mean they can re-age the account. It still must go by the date on your original account. That goes for CRTP too.

SOL is the time they can sue you and win. After 3 years they can still sue you but your defense would be it's past SOL. It will be kicked out. Paying CA doesn't reset SOL.

Message Edited by stef37 on 02-11-2008 12:39 PM
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The matter is still being handled by the original creditor, 1st Financial. I think I will try the letter above in hopes of annoying them enough to throw in the towel. But they seem obstinate and determined.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I am confused, you stated it survived a DV. You don't DV the OC.

If this is the case, you are within SOL. So, you must of stopped paying in 06?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, entered a rehab program and then basically lost contact with them, as I changed contact numbers and bank accounts and received no correspondence via mail.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In light of the information, I would settle it.

This is only going to incur more and more fees if not. 

It may be something you can GW in the future.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.