Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Bankruptcys feeling down and out

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Bankruptcys feeling down and out

monro411 wrote:
Missey Elliott    I guess there are crazier names.

Well,

jaguls66 wrote:
I am changing my screen name to MindlessDrivel!! fits better!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

monro411 wrote:
Missey Elliott    I guess there are crazier names.

Well,

I think she fell in the toilet. I will call her and see where her post she was supposed to do went.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

In answer to your question Missey, yes, there are some of us who have filed BK twice. It has been two and a half years since the last one (the previous one was in 87) and much has changed since then. Both mine and my wifes FICO scores are in the 650 to 675 range and yes, I am challenging items on both of our credit files. Don't forget, you do live in the greatest country in the world, where you are always afforded a second chance. I was still in school (the second time around), and just had been through some recent surgeries preventing from working like I should have been when this last bout happened. Since then, my income has almost tripled since getting out of school as well as my wife probably has the best job of her lift also. We will probably top six figures this year for the first time ever. We both have nice vehicles, and financially are better off than we've ever been. A good piece of advice, find a person you trust in the banking/credit union business and work HARD with them, this has really helped us. All is not lost, keep trying!!!
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I forgot my password.

2 Bkrpcys Chapter 13-2002 (dismissed -I had a crooked lawyer) and Chapter 7-2004 (to clean up from Chapter 13)- 

2 Car Repo Ford Motor Credit 2005- made agreement with creditor not to put on bankruptcy but still could not keep up with payments Owe $6000

1 Foreclosure-will drop off in the next few months

Credit Acceptance $2900

Collection accounts

JC Penny $136 Charged off

Sears $450 Charged off

Capital One $670 Charged off

Student loans $8900 Late

I am currently giving my money away by renting. I would like to be in position to buy a home in two to three years. What should I do?  I do know my credit is horrible.  At one time I was living beyond my income means and frankly did not care about credit.  Now I am more mature and would like help or suggestions on what to do. 

Scores

TU 429 EQ 460 EX 435  

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK  I thought someone was going to give some advise on where I should get started.  Yesterday I disputed everything.  What next?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MisseyElliott wrote:

2 Bkrpcys Chapter 13-2002 (dismissed -I had a crooked lawyer) and Chapter 7-2004 (to clean up from Chapter 13)- 

2 Car Repo Ford Motor Credit 2005- made agreement with creditor not to put on bankruptcy but still could not keep up with payments Owe $6000

Credit Acceptance $2900

Collection accounts

Sears $450 Charged off

Student loans $8900 Late

I am currently giving my money away by renting. I would like to be in position to buy a home in two to three years. What should I do?  I do know my credit is horrible.  At one time I was living beyond my income means and frankly did not care about credit.  Now I am more mature and would like help or suggestions on what to do. 

Scores

TU 429 EQ 460 EX 435  

first of all SLs, and I'm guessing these are Fed loans can be deferred, and you should do that ASAP because you'll need all the money you can to get rid of some of your chargeoffs. 

Second, get some money together and start writing some PFDs for those chargeoffs.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MisseyElliot -

I too had filed two bankrupticies within 2 years (2001 and 2003) of each other (Ch 13) but were dismissed because I was not disciplined enough to make the payments. Since then both were deleted on EQ and one was deleted on TU. If you get too overwhelmed try a reputable credit repair company, but you'd be surprised what you can do yourself. The first thing you have to do is face your mistakes and VOW to NEVER let it happen again!

Angie10

TU 635
EX 631
EQ 598
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

While you're paying off the charge off with a deletion for payment. It helped me to get a secured credit card while I was paying off charge offs. I went through my credit union and only needed to put up 75% of the credit line. Make payments faithfully and send more than the min. payment.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MisseyElliott wrote:

Credit Acceptance $2900

Collection accounts

Sears $450 Charged off

Student loans $8900 Late

Scores

TU 429 EQ 460 EX 435  

Missy our dredit report looks like daycamp compared to what mine looked like by the time I decided to file BK...lol!!!  So many medical accounts sold over and over to various collection agencies it wasn't funny.  If I were to copy and paste here it would take more than a message space.

That being said, there IS life after BK.  First of all make sure all of your debts were included in BK and show as such on your credit report.  IF they do, they should also show a 0 balance because the BK discharged them.  Once you do that, come back and see what the next step is. 

BTW if your loans are federal, get in some sort of repaymnt, even if it is a redfuced forebearance.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTDT when I was 22.  Recovered from that to have Plat cards when they actuallly were a status symbol.  Chase pissed me off by cancelling my Plat MC for no reason (never late, always PIF - guess they didn't make enough money off of me) and I went 'credit less' for 11 years.  Having no credit is worse than having bad credit!!!

Went thru the re-build (I consider myself in building mode now) - started with a $250 First Premier Card , got an Exxon at a $110 CLI, then an HD ($750) and it's been a slow process but 10 months into it I got my first prime card from Citi ($2500 CLI) and am now cycling out the sub-prime.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 10-02-2007 07:47 PM
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.