Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Bankruptcys feeling down and out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Bankruptcys feeling down and out

I have a friend that has two bankruptcys in the early 2000's (fico score is in the low 400's).  She is down and feels that she cannot ever get to the point of being able to get financed for anything. She seems not to want to try to improve her credit because it seems too hard of an uphill battle.  I told her about this forum.  She did look at several posts but she feels that her situation is much worse than any she has seen.  Can anyone tell us their story on this thread or link one to us?  Especially if you had more than one bankruptcy or if your score was at one time in the lower 400's.  I will make her look at this thread later today.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Bankruptcys feeling down and out

I was never there, but I do know that whatever your state, this place can help you improve, give you support, and probably even raise a laugh or two  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

have her check out Confessions GOod for the Soul;....

2 Bankruptcies 5-6yrs old.....

Man I wish! In a year or two they go away,

and even now she can work on rebuilding her credit.

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 07-02-2007 09:25 AM
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a friend that has two bankruptcys in the early 2000's (fico score is in the low 400's). She is down and feels that she cannot ever get to the point of being able to get financed for anything. She seems not to want to try to improve her credit because it seems too hard of an uphill battle. I told her about this forum. She did look at several posts but she feels that her situation is much worse than any she has seen. Can anyone tell us their story on this thread or link one to us? Especially if you had more than one bankruptcy or if your score was at one time in the lower 400's. I will make her look at this thread later today.

I had a bankruptcy once, but it has now since deleted from my credit file.

Although it may be a bad thing, I used it to my advantage. I needed a new car and I went to my trustee and got a letter stating how much I could afford. I went to the dealership and gave them a letter stating I needed a car and this is what I could afford, no haggling.

they got me in a vehicle with a warranty for the amt on the letter.

I think my credit score at that time was like 430 or something like that. Didn't even qualify for a home. Now I am in my second home.

Long story short, although the situation may seem hopeless, dont focus on the negative (even though that may be all you can see), try and take advantage of what positives you can. Eventually you will get out of your slump. Unfortunately these things take time and patience.

Peace
Message 4 of 20
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  I am the one who is down and out.  I am going to list all of my information later to let you see what you can suggest.  Monro411 is trying to help me himself, but said if I dont at least try this forum he would not help anymore.  Let me go gather the mess.  BRB
Message 6 of 20
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Monro411 layin down the tough love!  Good for him, he's right... and I'm glad you finally showed up!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

You will not be the only one here who has been in a mess.

And the people here are very supportive.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missey Elliott    I guess there are crazier names.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you'll make it.

gotta crawl before you walk right?

And in the process you're going to learn so much.

Good luck!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.