Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 HPs to rent an apartment?

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

2 HPs to rent an apartment?

I moved to a new apartment last Nov and signed the consent for background check. Now it shows two HPs on my TU report, one on Nov 11 and one on Nov 19. Is this normal or I should dispute?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 HPs to rent an apartment?

@GTT wrote:

I moved to a new apartment last Nov and signed the consent for background check. Now it shows two HPs on my TU report, one on Nov 11 and one on Nov 19. Is this normal or I should dispute?

i think when you signed the contract or lease, you agreed to the credit check

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how normal two is, but one is very normal. You probalby gave them the right to pull your credit when you signed the paperwork. 

Message 3 of 7
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

1 HP is pretty normal - surprised they pulled you twice.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 4 of 7
GTT
Regular Contributor

that's what I thought. I think one consent is for only one pull....should I contact the apartment office or TU to dispute?

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

No. Apartments often hire airfactz, or similar background checking organization, in addition to the property management, the folks you signed the application with are not the owners. When I moved in, there were two hard pulls, one for the agency in charge of rent (property related, but not the management), and a background done by airfactz for the owners (in this case, non profit agency). In the bigger cities, it's becoming more popular for two screenings, one for background checks, and one for financial responsibility. Both agencies score differently, but will need a copy of your report.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

It depends on management I guess. I live in NYC and haven't heard yet of 2 HPs.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.