Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions about credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Questions about credit report

I just signed up today and have been on this site for hours reading all of this information. I just got my credit scores and reports. My scores are higher than I expected but I have two questions regarding my reports.

1st - I had a Beneficial loan that was sent to collections and I didn't pay them for quite some time *maybe a year or so* and I finally got a new job which allowed me to pay them month by month starting in Aug. 2006 and then I made a settelment with them of $2000 which I paid off in Aug. 2007. My Experian report says I have 14 - 90 or more past due from Aug 2006 to Sept 2007. How do I get that off my report? I was paying it though it was through there collections department. My other two reports say I have a charge off but it was paid in full for the amount agreed or less than what was owed and there is nothing about the deliquency in payments.

2nd - I had two Verizon Wireless accounts that went to collections. I want to say 2004 but they no longer show on my reports. I checked them today and it says Pinancle collections agency but it says the original collector is Marg? Who is it that and what can I do to get it off my report? Should I send a DV? They got my information in My previous report (last year) had Verizon on it and this is the first I am seeing of this "Marg"

Message Edited by JDeans on 02-19-2008 04:37 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Questions about credit report

JDeans wrote:

I just signed up today and have been on this site for hours reading all of this information. I just got my credit scores and reports. My scores are higher than I expected but I have two questions regarding my reports.

1st - I had a Beneficial loan that was sent to collections and I didn't pay them for quite some time *maybe a year or so* and I finally got a new job which allowed me to pay them month by month starting in Aug. 2006 and then I made a settelment with them of $2000 which I paid off in Aug. 2007. My Experian report says I have 14 - 90 or more past due from Aug 2006 to Sept 2007. How do I get that off my report? I was paying it though it was through there collections department. My other two reports say I have a charge off but it was paid in full for the amount agreed or less than what was owed and there is nothing about the deliquency in payments.

2nd - I had two Verizon Wireless accounts that went to collections. I want to say 2004 but they no longer show on my reports. I checked them today and it says Pinancle collections agency but it says the original collector is Marg? Who is it that and what can I do to get it off my report? Should I send a DV? They got my information in My previous report (last year) had Verizon on it and this is the first I am seeing of this "Marg"

Message Edited by JDeans on 02-19-2008 04:37 PM

Hi JDeans  welcome to the forum. Please read this thread for newbies....it has all the abbrevs that we use and freq.requested thread.

Before doing anything with your CR   You should know your SOL
  simple SOL

CRTP v SOL        (just remember SOL is state)  If needed

Do you still have your old CR     if you do  look at the OC  for DOFD or DOLA 

BENEFICIAL     would drop from your CR 7 years from DOFD   NOT from when it was paid. IF have old reports  look at the reporting by them  NOT the CA (accounts are closed past DOFD & DOLA)

Its hard to advise you not knowing your SOL  DOFD or DOLA

IF past SOL no one can file a lawsuit against you,thats why it is so important!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. For the DOFD or DOLA, I am unsure since I don't know what I did with my CR. Can call a CRA to verify this info? I am still within the SOL(in PA - 6 years)for my Verizon accounts but I am willing to pay off the debt but I just would like for the negative info on my accounts to be removed if possible. I am just trying to go about the best way to handle it.

Update: Ok after further research it looks like PA SOL is 4 years instead of 6. I also found my DOFD or DOLA would be 6/04 and 7/04 (just got my TU report and it says the drop off dates are 6/11 and 7/11).

Message Edited by JDeans on 02-20-2008 09:01 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump - condensed my posts
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  If your Drop date is June or July of 2011   your should be past SOL in July and Aug.........SOL ends the last day of the month (June30,2008  and July 31,2008)  It will remain on CR till 2011  (unless PFD)

Now it is up to you how you handle it.   Im cheap so I would wait until SOL was past & then DV the CA.   They are more ept to accept a PFD after SOL

Now some will accept PFD before SOL passes BUT    the second that they know(by disputing the CRAs or a DV) that you know about them, they might demand full payment or risk being sued.Then it sits on your CR till 2011.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I think I will wait til after SOL and then DV the CA. I rather not bring attention to myself and possibly be sued.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.