EZ
EZ

2 credit cards from same bank

Hi - I have one credit card, and I'm shopping around for another one. I'm hoping to build credit faster by borrowing from multiple lenders, but does it count when both credit cards are from the same bank? For example, 2 Chase mastercards? Thanks.
Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Re: 2 credit cards from same bank

Both cards would report as separate trade lines. I have 2 cards from First Premier and both report separately.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

[ Edited ]
Counts the same as if it were another bank card. Totally separate. I actually prefer them from the same bank because I get to move my credit lines between cards. I also think you have a better chance sometimes of being approved since the bank sees your past history with them if you are rebuilding. But thats just an opinion.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 07-03-2007 09:49 AM
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
EZ
EZ

great, thanks for the info!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+