Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different versions of my Equifax credit file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 different versions of my Equifax credit file

I applied for a cc and Trans Union was pulled. I was approved and I got a letter telling me that the Fico score was. It was exactly as reported on myfico.com. Same scenario with Equifax. I applied for a nfcu cc and they pulled Equifax. I was approved and when I got the letter that showed my Fico score, it matched myfico.com.
Message 11 of 12
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 different versions of my Equifax credit file

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I hope I posted this in the correct section.  If not, I hope a moderator moves it where it needs to be.

I have come accustomed to using myFico to review my Trans Union and Equifax reports and scores.  Mainly because I can get my Fico score here.  When I look at my Equifax report that I get from myFico, it is as it should be.  There are no errors, everything is correct.

I am having an issue which prompted me to retain an attorney in regards to Experian.  The attorney advised me to pull my credit files from Annual Credit Report.  I pulled Equifax to discover that there are 4 additional accounts listed (and of course negative). 

I checked my Equifax report today on myFico as well as Annual credit report today.  How can I have 2 different versions from Equifax?

Something to be aware of, there are multiple versions of Equifax.  The version here at MyFico is Beacon 5.0.  There is also a Beacon 9.0 version that more and more lenders are using, and it could be that annualcreditreport.com is using the newer version, or maybe even a completely different version. 

I recently got an updated EQ score and it was Beacon 9.0.  Scoring was somewhat higher than from here.  Didn't get a copy of the actual report, though; just the score.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.