Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 many Social security #

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 many Social security #

My EX report is showing I have 2 social security numbers which of course I do not have. This is crazy and Illegal. Why and/or how could this happen? I have never noticed this before and not sure yet if all CRA are showing this mistake.
What is the best way to notify them to have this corrected. I am thinking mail but what documents will they need. I have no idea where my original social security card is.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 many Social security #

To start- Need to call the CRA and find out what TL reported the incorrect SSN- 

ducky wrote:
My EX report is showing I have 2 social security numbers which of course I do not have. This is crazy and Illegal. Why and/or how could this happen? I have never noticed this before and not sure yet if all CRA are showing this mistake.
What is the best way to notify them to have this corrected. I am thinking mail but what documents will they need. I have no idea where my original social security card is.

Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And on Monday, run by your local Social Security office to apply for a new card. No fee if you don't lose and replace them continually, but it takes a while (of course), so you'll want to get it in the pipeline. I had to do this a couple of years ago, and I'm reasonably certain that I had to have my birth certificate, which I had to get from Texas, so that's yet another potential delay.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can't find your old one, you may get a funky piece of paper in the interim, while you're waiting for the "real deal" to arrive. I got one when changing my name

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.