Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months - What a feeling!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 months - What a feeling!

So I began the daunting prospect of  disputing with CRAs, GWs, and PFDs.  It was May 26th and I kept thinking to myself, "This is going to take forever - is it worth all the extra time?".  Well,  I stand today saying ------ YES IT IS!

Equifax on 5-26 = 665
Equifax on 7-26 = 768

Whoooo!  Thanks to every single person on this board - I couldn't have done it without you.  I have been working on my credit but never really saw much success until finding everyone here.

And yes, I have had my troubles.  My wife and I had to have a co-signer on our first house a few years ago.  Time will do wonders on your outlook....

Message Edited by daWorm on 07-29-2007 07:15 AM
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 months - What a feeling!

wonderful!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wtg...amazing what education and time will do....Congratulations...Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a great increase - as long as you aren't currently disputing anything with EQ.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope - Thank goodness...all done with that.  Now I am in maintenance mode.  Pay everything on time - watch all bills - monitor Scorewatch and TC...
Message 5 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

First fiscal responsibility - you have to learn that yourself.

Then play the FICO game - you can learn that here!!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantabulous!! There is truly hope for the rest of us!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent job! 
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it is a game...

My one big removal was for a medical collection.  I contacted the CA and told the guy on the line I was willing to PFD.  Immediately he said, "OK".  I put together my Tuscani-inspired PDF and forwarded it to him.  When he received it he called me and told me my letter was too complicated - there was no way he was approved to follow this but take his word for it, if I paid, he would delete.  heard that before?  We talked for a while and I thought to myself, "Well, this guy could either remove my entry after getting payment as he says he will or he will lie and I will have to live with my decision".  I swallowed hard and sent a MO CMRRR.  I got the receipt back and less than a week later it was removed from all reports.  He kept his word!

Sometimes you make the right move, sometimes you don't.  At the end of the day, hope you made more good than bad moves.

Message 9 of 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Super!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.