Valued Member
daWorm

2 months - What a feeling!

[ Edited ]
So I began the daunting prospect of  disputing with CRAs, GWs, and PFDs.  It was May 26th and I kept thinking to myself, "This is going to take forever - is it worth all the extra time?".  Well,  I stand today saying ------ YES IT IS!

Equifax on 5-26 = 665
Equifax on 7-26 = 768

Whoooo!  Thanks to every single person on this board - I couldn't have done it without you.  I have been working on my credit but never really saw much success until finding everyone here.

And yes, I have had my troubles.  My wife and I had to have a co-signer on our first house a few years ago.  Time will do wonders on your outlook....

Message Edited by daWorm on 07-29-2007 07:15 AM
Established Contributor
Irvin

Re: 2 months - What a feeling!

wonderful!
Established Contributor
bren39

wtg...amazing what education and time will do....Congratulations...:smileyhappy:
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor
db23

That's a great increase - as long as you aren't currently disputing anything with EQ.
Valued Member
daWorm

Nope - Thank goodness...all done with that.  Now I am in maintenance mode.  Pay everything on time - watch all bills - monitor Scorewatch and TC...
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

First fiscal responsibility - you have to learn that yourself.

Then play the FICO game - you can learn that here!!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
New Contributor
creditworthyagain

Fantabulous!! There is truly hope for the rest of us!  :smileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Excellent job! 
Valued Member
daWorm

And it is a game...

My one big removal was for a medical collection.  I contacted the CA and told the guy on the line I was willing to PFD.  Immediately he said, "OK".  I put together my Tuscani-inspired PDF and forwarded it to him.  When he received it he called me and told me my letter was too complicated - there was no way he was approved to follow this but take his word for it, if I paid, he would delete.  heard that before?  We talked for a while and I thought to myself, "Well, this guy could either remove my entry after getting payment as he says he will or he will lie and I will have to live with my decision".  I swallowed hard and sent a MO CMRRR.  I got the receipt back and less than a week later it was removed from all reports.  He kept his word!

Sometimes you make the right move, sometimes you don't.  At the end of the day, hope you made more good than bad moves.

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Super!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+